Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dynatrac freespin hubs installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynatrac freespin hubs installed

They only stick out 2 inches past the face of the stock hubcap. You really wouldn't notice them if you didn't look. Really they don't look so bad as you might think. Actually looking at my truck now I think they make it look much better. Now on the trucks where they dont have factory hubcaps bored out they do stick out like sore thumbs and look kinda bad. I've got a metal lathe in my shop though so it was about a 10 minute job to pop some holes in my caps and give it the clean factory look. Btw, I took a 250 mile trip today filled up at the start and zeroed the overhead. It read 21.3 when I got back to the house it's been running 19.5 mostly. I'm reasonably sure those overhead numbers are too high from actual but if you just count the 1.8 part I think that's pretty good and worth it. So even with my 285's and how that might cuase some mis-calc on the overhead computer we could still reasonably assume I'm getting at least 1 mpg better. That was my hope I'm happy.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac freespin hubs installed