Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transcooler upgrade suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Vettetr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transcooler upgrade suggestions...

I just ordered a new "stage III" tranny today so I can get my rig back on the road. I'm sure some of you have done a tranny cooler upgrade and wanted your input. I want it to be as close to plug and play as possible...not interested in custom lines or having to make custom mounting brackets...any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Transcooler upgrade suggestions...

How about filling in your sig file if you want help so that everyone knows what year truck you have.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Bigriver

Hey Vettetr, Do you have an ATS StageIII? A few months ago, I upgraded to an ATS as well. Couldn't be more happier. I also am interested in an additional trans cooler. Have you seen the ones at ATS? They come with a reverseable fan. I would likely mount it under the bed, with the fan on the lower side. By having the air blow down to cool the fluid, the fan would also serve as a rock guard. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm locked and loaded........

Old 07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Vettetr

ORIGINAL: DBLR

How about filling in your sig file if you want help so that everyone knows what year truck you have.
I have it filled out but didn't have the little box checked to show it all the time...

To answer your question, i have a 2005 QC35002WD

BigRiver...I bought a Phoenix performance Stage 3, hopefully it will be good, we'll see about that. I'll ahve to check out ATS and see what they ahve going on.

Quick Reply: Transcooler upgrade suggestions...