Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2006 ST Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
utah_biker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 ST Fog Lights

I just had a dealer put fog lights on my 2006 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins ST Quad Cab. I had the dealer do it because they said it would be "...just like production withNO extra wires run to the battery, etc..." I wanted a clean wiring job, and I also wanted the computer set so that the fog lights automaitcally go off when high beams are on. So I went to the dealer where I bought it...

HUGE MISTAKE! It looks like a child installed it. They draped wires over and around the battery. They ran new/extra wires to the battery (both terminals). They hung what looks like a relay of some sort off of the main positive cable lead so that it is dangling down loose on the side of the battery. They coiled multiple feet of extra wire in this mess theymadeand stuffed it next to the battery. They ranwires outside the protective plastic casing to a connection under the fuse box and left about 2 feet of slack dangling down the side of the fender well. [&o] They also cut a whole in the rubber boot-seal to pass part of the messy wiring they installed into the cab through the firewall.

And now... My freakin' engine light is comming on!!! [:@]

Needless to say I'm madder than a wet hornet, but I have agood question...

They installed kit # 82208102-AC.

My truck is the 2006 ST model (totally plain, manual shift, etc.) and was manufacturedduring March of 2006 in Mexico. My question is, does Dodge (or any other vendor) supply a fog light kit that truly "plugs into" the existing stock wiring harness for a 2006 ST, or is this only available for the SLT. I've asked multiple dealers and I get conflicting answers. Some dealers say yes, others say no, and even employeesat the same dealer disagree in one case.

So... Does anyone on this forum know for certain?

Also, does anyone have good instructions for the 82208102-AC kit? I'm not even sure this kit applies to the 2006. It seems to apply to 2002 - 2005 models onlybased onresearch I've done. Does anyone know for sure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all...

Old 07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 ST Fog Lights

I think you may have a problem because you're trying to install them on your 06.

The ECM changed after 05 and most electronics aren't going to work on the 06 and newer because of it being a Can-Bus ECM. The voltages are monitored very closely by the ECM and if there's any over voltage, it will shut things down or my them act erratic.

This site is showing a different part number than you gave for 06 fog lights >>>> http://www.moparpartusa.com/doramfogli.html
scrool down a little and you'll see the kit of 06-07.

About the installation.... forget the dealer ! you can do it yourself in not it with the correct kit :-)

Quick Reply: 2006 ST Fog Lights