Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEWB FLOW ???s

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007 | 11:08 PM
mekanik671
Default NEWB FLOW ???s

hey guys... i'm new to the dodge scene- used to be a die-hard toyota fan.....

i was wondering what you guys have been doing to help the CTD breathe better?? i hear of ppl claiming that they have "gutted" the intake- what exactly does this consist of?? i know for yotas ppl commonly do what's called a "deckplate mod"... which is cutting a circular hole in the stock intake box and installing a deckplate + K&N/Amsoil filter... actually proved better gains doing that simple mod than w/an aftermarket intake.....

and what about the best exhaust combo?? i love the sound of straight pipe diesels but i don't want to loose too much backpressure- i was thinking maybe deleting the muffler (leaving the cat alone) and coming out w/a 5" tip...

ideas...??

Old 07-21-2007 | 11:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: NEWB FLOW ???s

I still have my yoda. . .I used to be over at custom taco's

as far as intake BHAF, removal of the cross sectional piece in the hard plastic piece and removal of the silencer ring will open your eyes. as far as exhaust. . .straight pipe it with a muffler delete pipe and let her eat. . .

diesels work MUCH different than gassers, they realy dont need the sameamount of backpressure.

Old 07-22-2007 | 12:40 AM
mekanik671

LMAO... i'm Cruzito721671 @ customtacos... i used to have an 01 tacoma prerunner std cab lifted 6in on 35s.....

but thanks for the info- i read the DYI on the silencer ring and BHAF filter... i may be able to use a similar filter my company uses on our 4cyl CAT engines LoL...

so do they make a muffler delete pipe section or will i have to fab one up?? i noticed the muffler on my 07 is only clamped on not welded.....

Old 07-22-2007 | 02:41 PM
Drew
Professional

it's been years since Ive been over there. . .I have a 98 taco that I'm gunna have to do some tranny work on soon. . .doesnt want to go into 2nd or 3rd half the time[:@]I remember one guy. . . .cannot think of his name off had that had that turbo reg cab that was freaky fast, also was building a desert runner as well.

anyway, this place is our "parts store", direct link to the muffler delete http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....ME-KIT-DG-04.5

and while they may be only clamped on. . .good luck getting them out. . .when I did my Cat-ectomy I had to use a saw-zall to get it out since the clamps are put on insanely tight.

Old 07-22-2007 | 03:47 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

If you decide the straight pipe is too loud, you can get a muffler replacement from MBRP P/N is in my sig. Those clamps are really freakin dug into the pipe. I used a side grinder to make a couple slots length wise then used a air hammer to peel the pipe back. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2007 | 06:11 PM
mekanik671

sweet guys- thanx!! soon i'll be doing the muffler delete, silencer ring removal, and BHAF install.....

i love this f*ckin truck!!

Quick Reply: NEWB FLOW ???s