Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C issues and Dodge...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Hookem 74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C issues and Dodge...

Getting a little concerned now. As some of you may have seen from replies i have left, having issues with my A/C. It looks like a common issues on my 01' CTD, but now on my new baby! It was working great going home Thursday, generally have a numb right hand from the cold air hitting it. Friday morning, it was a little cooler here in Dallas, so I had the windows down for the start of my trip... as it starts warming up.. I get a little concerned that my hand is not goign numb, but sweating!! Now arning, nothing. Compressor will not kick on. Played with thermo, different settings, on/off about 100 times, snowflake button on and off til the paint wore off! Guess I get to spend about an hour pulling the PMT and gauge pod off today so my friendly dealership does not go pointing the finger at me...
Anyone had issues with the warranty dept. after pulling mods off? I was not sure if the computer would keep a diagnostic code after tuning.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A/C issues and Dodge...

sounds like you may have lost all your freon. . .it would also be best to pull that stuff off. if you have a leaking hose they will be elbows deep into your engine bay.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Hookem 74

Yeah.. went ahead and pulled it off.. wasn't near as bad as putting it in... plus I guess I know what I am doing now!

Old 07-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Hookem 74

Well, just a little follow-up... turns out that there may be a placement issue with the Bullydog Rail RFI intake (or just not a great install job!)... seems it rubs a little on a certain High Pressure hose for the A/C, and enough rubbing causes it to spew R-134 all over the place. That was a fun call from the dealer. About $500 for them to replace and refill. Think I will take this on myself.

Quick Reply: A/C issues and Dodge...