Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks or Edge???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks or Edge???

Have the option of going with the Banks 6-gun System or the Edge with Attitude which can get for a pretty fair price on each?

what would yall go with?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Banks or Edge???

I have noticed people are biased towards edge. I don't know from expirience

Old 07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
CutterW
Captain

I've actually read up on Banks some, but I'm stuck between Edge/Bully Dog/Banks

Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

edge

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Sereguial
Professional

I have been looking grealy into this too, the biggest factor I have seen is that Edge and some of the others offer exacly what banks does however with a much lower price tag (since banks is like harley you pay for the name...).
So if you can find them at the same price I don't see a reason to not go with Banks, but that is rare if ever, since I saw an Edge Juice with Attitude go for $625 on ebay the other day (I wish I bid on it!). The edge readout looks cleaner then the banks (which is a PDA if I am not mistaken, that you can take out and forget to put back into the truck... which will hurt that first time you want to use it and don't have it right there...). Plus Drew says Edge

Old 07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

I have had both on my truck. The Banks Six Gun w/ PDA is not a bad tuner. It hits on the higher end of the power curve. So it's not strong down low. The PDA is the slickest and the display blows away anything out there for looks and functions. You will never forget the PDA if you take it out of your truck. It is your guages and power levels adjustments displays. I returned it after acouple of weeks because the PDA would not link up w/ the Six Gun. Kept saying "searching for Banks". Took it back to the dealer/installer and tried everything to synchrinize it together. Called Banks and they may think it is a PDA problem. They wanted me to send it in to check it or maybe replace it. They wouldn't give me a time frame on the return. Could take awhile. So I took it off and returned it. Now on to Edge Juice w/ Attitude.

Edge gives power throughout. The Attitude monitor is OK, but not like the PDA. I used it for acouple of months and sold it. I am more into my suspension than running alot of power. Maybe down the road I will get something like gives 60 hp to help w/ the 35" tires (Quadzilla Tow Tuner).

The prices are similiar. Remeber the companies are cutting down on vendors who sell thier product below manufacture prices. Meaning no warranty if you don't buy from an authorize dealer. So the Edge will run $1,000 plus A Frame mount for $70. The Banks you can get the complete package (Six Gun and PDA) for $1,100-$1200. Both will need supporting mods if you run on the high setting and WOT.

Overall I would of kept the Banks if it worked right off the bat. Like any product there are lemons out there. I got one. Spending that kind of money it needs to work or lose faith. That's just me. You might also want to consider the Smarty. Hope this helps.

BTW- They both give the same safety parameters.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I run the Edge "Hot " juice and love it, people forget that for an extra 100 bucks you can upgrade The Edge to the Hot Juice, and the differance is day and night. I dont ever see myself running anything else.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

I run the Edge "Hot " juice and love it, people forget that for an extra 100 bucks you can upgrade The Edge to the Hot Juice, and the differance is day and night. I dont ever see myself running anything else.
Race any vw bugs lately?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

I am most likely going with the edge considering my buddy owns and shop and can get it for me for 700$ with warrenty. Now here is my other question. When you run the HOT BUTTON for the extra 100. Isnt that unsafe for the engine unless you have MANY extra mods like you do. All I am putting on the truck is a intake, exhaust, the edge, and a banks high ram manifoild. And then be done power wise....

thanks...

Old 07-23-2007, 06:06 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: firemansdodge

I have had both on my truck. The Banks Six Gun w/ PDA is not a bad tuner. It hits on the higher end of the power curve. So it's not strong down low. The PDA is the slickest and the display blows away anything out there for looks and functions. You will never forget the PDA if you take it out of your truck. It is your guages and power levels adjustments displays. I returned it after acouple of weeks because the PDA would not link up w/ the Six Gun. Kept saying "searching for Banks". Took it back to the dealer/installer and tried everything to synchrinize it together. Called Banks and they may think it is a PDA problem. They wanted me to send it in to check it or maybe replace it. They wouldn't give me a time frame on the return. Could take awhile. So I took it off and returned it. Now on to Edge Juice w/ Attitude.

Edge gives power throughout. The Attitude monitor is OK, but not like the PDA. I used it for acouple of months and sold it. I am more into my suspension than running alot of power. Maybe down the road I will get something like gives 60 hp to help w/ the 35" tires (Quadzilla Tow Tuner).

The prices are similiar. Remeber the companies are cutting down on vendors who sell thier product below manufacture prices. Meaning no warranty if you don't buy from an authorize dealer. So the Edge will run $1,000 plus A Frame mount for $70. The Banks you can get the complete package (Six Gun and PDA) for $1,100-$1200. Both will need supporting mods if you run on the high setting and WOT.

Overall I would of kept the Banks if it worked right off the bat. Like any product there are lemons out there. I got one. Spending that kind of money it needs to work or lose faith. That's just me. You might also want to consider the Smarty. Hope this helps.

BTW- They both give the same safety parameters.

very helpful! I see what you mean as far as money wise. But I can get the edge with warrenty for 700 so I believe I am going to do that. It comes with pillar mount, attitude, and the edge juice....

will let yall know what happens..and of course will put up pics of rubber burning and black smoke blowing!

Quick Reply: Banks or Edge???