Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks or Edge???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banks or Edge???

ORIGINAL: NCcummins

I am most likely going with the edge considering my buddy owns and shop and can get it for me for 700$ with warrenty. Now here is my other question. When you run the HOT BUTTON for the extra 100. Isnt that unsafe for the engine unless you have MANY extra mods like you do. All I am putting on the truck is a intake, exhaust, the edge, and a banks high ram manifoild. And then be done power wise....

thanks...

You deffinately want bigger injectors and a built tranny...the point I was trying to make tho is that wih the Edge you can upgrade it as you build your truck, something you cant do with the others that I know of. For $100.00 your Edge will be set up to work even better with your new modsonce youve done them

Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

alright sounds good. I am going to hold of on getting the HOT setting but still get the edge because I dont plan on a new tranny or injectors anytime "soon" but then again you NEVER! stop working on a truck!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats the spirit

Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

what can I say, I have been reading in this forum!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Good point [8D]

Old 07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
aaronisapayne

Hey nccummins. If you plan on runnin 315s with your stock wheels and a 2inch leveling kit, they will rub. you will need a wheel with more backspacing. I had that setup on my 01 and it was horrible. i loved the looks of it but not the rubbing. And it wasn;t just when you got in a bind, i could stop on flat ground, crank it all the way and go real slow and they still rubbed bad. i was to cheap to buy different wheels and it robbed alot of power, fuel milage and made it alot more squirrly on the road. all you get is looks. If you get them then id put wheels and gear your axle ratio down. just letting you no cause i bought the tires and the person had that setup on him 01 or 02 and said "no they don't rub", darn salesmen.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

I had a 2003 with the same setup with the cooper STT 35s and the stock 17 2003 dodge wheels and it never rubbed at all even flexed. My buddy owns the tire shop and he has the same set up I am getting and his doesnt rub. Mine also has a block in theback. The kit he is putting under is a "2 inch leveing kit" but really ads up to about 2 inches to 2 1/2 inchs....so thats for the advice and if it doesnt work out I may end up just lifting it. But il let you know!
thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Banks or Edge???