Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

air conditioner/blower

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:51 PM
christamaddie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air conditioner/blower

I have a 2003 dodge ram diesel quad cab. The blower stopped the other day and my dad is a retired mechanic and thought it was the blower, well we removed the blower and tested and it worked off of a dc battery and did some research went ahead replaced the regulator or the relay. So we replaced the blower and relay, it still does not blow, we have power on the fuse box, we have power on the panel, but decided to replace the panel (where the temperature controls are) still can not get the blower to work. Everything works on the outside, the compressor and all that comes on when you initate it on the panel and you can feel some cool air off of the coles, but no power to the blower to blow the air. We have hit the blower and nothing, and we have switched the blower out with a new one. The dealer is dumber than we are, they want to even replace the all the parts on the engine. My dads been a mechanic since he was 15 and he is now 67, he can be that stupid and air conditions can't be that far from his knowledge. Can anyone give me any ideas, before the dealer takes my house and my banking account, just so I can have air in my truck.

Thanks,
Christa in Texas

Old 07-29-2007, 08:56 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Default RE: air conditioner/blower

[align=left]Does the fan work on the highest setting or any setting at all? If so, then I would say it is the blower motor resistor control. And you say that you have power to the switch on the pannel.....what about going from the switch to the motor?
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Same happened to my Dakota, I could get high running a hot wire to it , my resister pack was gone and that gives you the ground to body to control speed

Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 AM
christamaddie

no it does not run at all at any level, only if you take the blower out of the truck and put to a dc battery it runs.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
christamaddie

we have replaced the resister and the panel, but still nothing the blower still does not come on, is there more to the resister when you say "pack", is there another power source we are missing that leads to the resister or something.

Quick Reply: air conditioner/blower