Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

GET THIS (off topic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GET THIS (off topic)

Don't get me wrong Jengle. I never got a ticket I didn't truly deserve. I have also been harrased by a 90lb jerk in a uniform that wouldn't be doing me that way if he didn't have the gun. There are jerks in every profession, Melon just found one today that was a trooper.

I ran into 4 troppers in the Waffle House in my area one evening at supper time. I joked with them that I should go on the highway and speed since they were all in there. Three of them laughed, the 4th (smallest and youngest one) copped an attitude with me and started getting agressive. All this in front of my family. Again I say lay down the gun and I bet you won't talk that way to me.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Watermelon
Captain

That must be the same one I had this morning Nick. Beat his A$#@ for me and I'L come get you outBad thing is , this guy will learn the hard way not to be an A^%#

Old 07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
CutterW
Captain

All I can say is take it to court. If you got a clean record the Judge should understand(or he's an idiot to) Can't promise it'll turn up good but we can only pray cause that about all we got.

P.S. I'm one of those kids who pay those games. But I drive a diesel and work on a farm the other part of my life and its what I would rather do, but there are just times you can't do that and gotta find something more to do. and for drugs, I've prob had one beer in my whole life and will never smoke or dip.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
Sereguial
Professional

My parents are/were all cops; My mom a retired Deputy Sherif, my Dad is about to retire as a correctional officer, my Step-Dad was a correctional officer (passed away before he could retire...) and my Step-Mom was a correctional officer for 5 years before she decided it wasn't for her...
Having said that I was on the other side of the stick with cops (I was the one hanging out eating with them and such), and the only ones that copped an attitude with anyone were the rookies or the onese that just never got it... And I think that is what Melon's point is: there are way too many cops now adays that have the power trip complex...

I do have to say that I don't know if it is a younger generation thing, it may be that you are now getting older and it is one thing to have a 25 year old get an attitude with you when you are 20 vs getting a 25 giving you attitude when you are 40. Just a thought...

Either way, he handled the way he felt was appropriate, and I bet that if you went to court or to his department they mightlet him knowthat it wasn't the best way(maybe not in public, or in front of you... but they may still do it, and he needs it).

Old 07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
jengel
Professional

I know some of them young jerks too. They think that the badge and gun is a shield from evil. I hope they learn quick. It usually takes several years of being on the department to mellow you out. I always told people that I was arresting or about to arrest that I will treat them like they treat me. Be nice until it is time to not be nice.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Amen.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude that SUCKS !!!!

It's stuff like this that I hear that makes me happy to live in the city. Cops here are too damn busy with REAL CRIME actually BEING COPS rather than sitting around all day "waiting for IT to happen" like some of those power trips you experienced. I think if that cop spent 1 week here in Philly that would be all he needed in order to straighten out and fly right.

Here in Philly, they don't steal your plate, they just cut the corner off with tin snips for the registration sticker. For a while, Philly decided that it would be best to make your registration sticker the size of a 3X5 card, yellow, and now you had to stick it to the inside of your back window. Not only did people with convertables deal with unfortunate situations now, but people were now having their windows smashed.

We now have gone back to the sticker on your plate.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

I agree with CutterW in that you should go to traffic court. Plead guilty with an explanation. Not sure what it's like in your jurisdiction, but I sat through an entire traffic court docket here in Maryland one day. In most cases the judge let people off really easy if they had a clean record.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

I think if you go to court and explain it to the judge you will get out of it. I saw something similar to this one time when I was in traffic court waiting my turn and the judge tore the trooper a new @$$h*le.

He had pulled over a tow truck driver because he was towing and did not have his light bar on. He explained to the trooper that it had just broke and he put his portable light bar (held in place with a magnet) on the back of the vehicle in tow vehicle. So he could get to the shop and drop the car off and fix the light bar on the tow truck. The judge asked the trooper if this was true and he said yes. That's when he let the cop have it for wasting his precious court time and dismissed the ticket.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
handymanherb
Banned

Cops just don't retire and move to Florida and starting working here, but not knowing the laws.

We are allowed to carry guns in our trucks and cars without a CCW,so don't move down here and enforce the laws of the old state.
The law law says I don't have to tell you I'm carrying I will tell you and keep my hands in sight, but I'm allowed to carry under the same rules that you are, do you really think if I planed to shoot cops I worry about being legal.

I got stopped a few weeks back, crime carrying a ladder in the back of my truck, without being drunk.

I was stopped on the way home from church in a suit and got stopped by two state boys and I do mean boys, on a DUI screen stop, I guess everyone who has a ladder is driving drunk, so that pissed him off that I wasn't drunk and he was trying to find some other reason for pulling me over, what I was speeding , How fast?, Oh you didn't get my speed, OK and after five minutes of talking and not getting anywhere he asked for my license and when I gave it to him he seen my CCW, and yelled why didn't I show him that right off the bat, First I was in a strange church don't carry except in mind, so I told him I was carrying so he didn't need my CCW, he asked is the gun in the truck, I said yes, but we don't need CCW to carry in the truck or car, and he was telling me yes you do, I asked him how long he been here and when was he going to learn Florida laws.

We went back and forth for a while, but I knew the laws I live underand we parted company friendly and shook hands, he gave me my gun back and down the road I went, hoping he would learn theFlorida laws

Quick Reply: GET THIS (off topic)