Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

GET THIS (off topic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GET THIS (off topic)

Get this!!! About a month ago my license plates on my truck were stolen right out in my front yard. I called the highway patrol and reported them stolen the next morning after I discovered them missing. My next door neighbor was also relieved of his plates the same night. I figured I would out smart the **** crack heads that did it and put my new tag in the rear window of the truck, So at least I could hear them bust the window out and get a Shot at them with the ole 12 beside my bed. Well I aint that lucky [:@]. Im headed out of Columbia SC this morning and a patrol car pulls me.... I was barely moving in traffic so I figured I must have a light out or whatever. A 125lb Barney Fife gets out and ask for my paperwork. He walks back up to my truck 30minutes later and hands me a nice little ticket for 232.50. He said my tag was not prperly displayed on my truck[:@] I told him why I had it in the window(in plain view) he said it had to be on the rear of the Vehicle........ The hair stood up on the back of my redneck and I asked him why he was punishing me for protecting my property after the crackheads stole the other, He just stood there...I got a little bit more brave and told him he was a real fine Fellow to give a working man a citation that steep for something that stupid....I figured what the heck he"s already written it up I aint got nothing to lose. He just walked away and got back in his patol car and left. don't get me wrong ,Im not against police, But this young generation coming up in the forces spent their whole life indoors on a comp or a video game. They dont have a clue how to deal with the hard working honest general population. He talked to me before I said a word to him like I was some kind of criminal. Sorry about the RANT guys but were getting in bad shape in the U.S. when the druggies are walking the aliens are taking and the taxpayer is getting RAMMED[:@]

Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Sereguial
Professional
Default RE: GET THIS (off topic)

I lived in SC for a while (and am going back there here in 2 months), and I remeber people with license plates in back windows and such all the time... Maybe I missed something, or it was just that I was in Charleston area not Columbia. Either way, go to court, and just talk to the Judge, and let him know exactly what happened, and why it was in the back window in plain view, maybe he will reduce it or throw it out, hell you never know maybe the cop won't show up and it will get thrown out for lack of evidence...
Good luck either way, I agree that that is CRAP! What else could you do to prevent it from getting stolen, go spend your hard earned money on license plate locks? Which don't really work anyhow...

Old 07-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember one thing. . ."Work harder. . .Millions on Welfare depend on YOU!!!"

and yes, most of the newer cops have some sort of mind controlling roach crawling around their butt. They are also sometimes referd to as Voids surriounded by a sphincter muscle.

so when you gunna be at the farmers market in Atlanta next???

Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Im not really sure when The next Atlanta run will be, But when I do go it will be at 4am. i can leave you a melon in the back of your truck.. O , make sure to loosen your tag bolts for me

Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

that sounds like bull****!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM
jengel
Professional

The cop was correct. That being said, I would have not done it that way. The only reason that I would have pulled you over (well, two reasons) would be a probable cause stop (a stop that uses a lawful infraction to try to find something else more sinister) and to look at your pickup. I would have listened to your story and agreed that you have a good idea but that you should put your tags in the proper spot. After about an hour of looking over the cool mods on your vehicle, we would have parted ways with my business card in your hands if you needed anything in the area again. PS. Never say "have a nice day" when you give someone a ticket.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Had the plates swipped of a Jeep we had. Didn't notice it when we left the state and left the Jeep w/ a friend. She gets this 'rap rap rap' on her door and there are two sheriffs. They are looking for the guy who lived in the house before her but since they are there they ran the plates - - bigno stolen plates. Try and explain this 1/2 across the country They were ready to stuff and cuff her for the theft.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Jengel, I agree that my tag was in the wrong place, but for the right reason. Believe me when I tell you I have alot of respect for officers. But the attitude these young guys have is bad for everybody. Id give this guy 500 bucks if hed drop the badge and the 9 and me and him go at it on a back road somewhere. I dont guess Ive ever been talked to like that in my 40. And over something that stupid. Yea, he might beat my tail, But Id go down kikin and screamin

Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Melon, you should have asked him what was the matter. Did Krispy Kreme refuse to give you your freeby today? Freakin Jerk!! I hate cops with an attitude, he could have easliy given you a warning or just told you to fix it right there.Aint you part of the good ole boy network? See if you can get a local to help you out. Isn't that an "equipment" violation that you can fix an prove it's fixed then they throw it out?

BAD COP..... NO DOUGNUT!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
jengel
Professional

I don't think that the cop handled it in the way that he should have. Cops have discretion as to what they do. I diffinately would not have handled it the way that he did. I also don't like it when some people have a stereotype of the cop/donut/******* thing. When I was a cop, I had respect from the locals for being honest and fair. If they got a ticket, they did wrong and they knew that they deserved it. I would give way more breaks that tickets. It was hard to get people to see that there are good cops out there instead of the old, fat, lazy ones that only saw black and white. This world if full of gray.

Quick Reply: GET THIS (off topic)