Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:12 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Question

On my truck there has been a clicking noise when I step on the clutch for some time now. When I went to investigate there is a plastic "housing" around the push rod that goes through the fire wall to the clutch hyd cylinder. This housing looks like it should be attached to the part of the cylinder that comes through the fire wall but it is not. The clickng noise is coming from a washer that is in front of the housing which is btw spring loaded. When I step on the clutch the housing slaps the washer and it clicks. The downloadable service manual shows the hyd cylinder assembly with the push rod as an assembly and does not break it down at all. After a second look at the manual I guess the "housing" is the clutch position switch. See pic below for part I am refering to.

Questions: A) Does anyone know what I'm talking about? B) would someone please go look under their dash and see if thatis attached to the hyd cylinder on their truck or free floating like mine? C) Does anyone know how to fix it?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: Clutch Question

Nick, A- Its10:30 at night!! B- Its time for Bed!! C- swing by the store tommorow and we can put our brilliant minds on the linkage. Make sure to bring COFFEE Heck, if we cant fix it, we can tear it up so the stealer will have to!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Bump.

No onehas looked at their truck or ever been under the dash and noticed this thing?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:23 PM
GREYGHOST21
Rookie

i will look in the morning or when the rain stops.

Quick Reply: Clutch Question