Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 AM
beachmstr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratches

So as you may have read, my buddy scratched my truck while helping me debadge. What is the best thing to do? Scratch X? Just use some touch up paint? What about that chip stick wax? I'm gonna try to get it done in the next couple days so let me know what you think. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: Scratches

How did he scratch it? with a credit card? is it buffable? maybe a poishing/rubbin compound....how deep is it? How about Scratch Doctor? Nu-Finish? i never tried there was have been wondering... if he used a real razor blade...... I'd punch him in the forehead... he he used a credit card.... then the scratches will come out... Good luck......

Old 08-07-2007, 01:04 AM
beachmstr

it was a real razor blade. it happens. its about a 1/4". its not a super deep scratch but its not small enough to buff out.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 AM
al5608
Professional

If you can feel it, it won't buff out. If it's just in the clear coat, go to a body shop and see if they will give you a little clear coat that has already been mixed up. They can put it in a touch up bottle. Fill the scratch up with the clear. Don't slop it on, full just the scratch. Once it dries, sand the clear back down with 1500 grit sand paper, till it's smooth with the original finish. Then buff itout. Only you will ever be able to tell there was a scartch there. If it is in the color. Get some of that color mixed up, and do the same thing. Only this time, since the color will be a base coat, when it dries, it sinks into the crack. You will have to put on a few coats, until there is enough material to sand back down smooth. Then you can buff it out. If you wanted to, you could also put the clear on over the color, you just have to sand the color out first, then clear, then sand, then buff.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Mayfair
Legend

1.Put the badge back on and cover the scratch.
2.Punch friend in face

3.Get pic of friends newly swollen face

Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

What possed him to take a razor blade to the paint? Did he ride or own the short bus?

Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 PM
beachmstr

I dont know. I think the badge is going to go back on and i won't take the ones off the tailgate. I'm not sure yet. I'll figure it out.

Quick Reply: Scratches