Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

How to? Tranny pan

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Tree
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? Tranny pan

Is there a way to remove the tranny pan without making a huge mess. I plan on replacing it with a Mag-Hytek very soon. I would like to make as little a mess as possible, but with no drain plug, this doesn't look like much of an option.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 08-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to? Tranny pan

ORIGINAL: Tree

Is there a way to remove the tranny pan without making a huge mess. I plan on replacing it with a Mag-Hytek very soon. I would like to make as little a mess as possible, but with no drain plug, this doesn't look like much of an option.

Thanks,

Steve
Get a 1/4 drill bit and put a depht stop on it for 1/8" and drill hole in it to drain the oil.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:21 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How to? Tranny pan

Loosen the front bolts slightly. Then start working down the sides, removing the bolts further out the further back you go. Then along the back remove the bolts completly.

Now work the pan loose at the rear and let it hang and drain from the rear. As it slows loose the side bolts and front more to get the pan to open more to get more fluid out.

This is the best way I have done it in the past.

Quick Reply: How to? Tranny pan