Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I want more smoke!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:47 PM
hiredgun
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want more smoke!!

Dont want the monitor because I want the pillar gauges. I just love the way they look and have had alot of people tell me that they are more accurate.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

I feel like my truck has plenty of power, so I only want the monitor, but it is not stand alone [:@]. Oh well, another 250 ft lbs will come in handy some where down the line .

I feel like my truck has plenty of power, so I only want the monitor, but it is not stand alone . Oh well, another 250 ft lbs will come in handy some where down the line .
i just bought a commander monitor from ebay a few minutes ago for 310 new with pillar mount. its bigger than the edge attitude and has more options, also it says its universal with all the promgramers out there so if i even want the edge juice i can run it off the monitor. also..... its a stand alone monitor so i can and will be useing it for a while without any programer. you should check em out!

Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Sereguial
Professional

ORIGINAL: blondeguy08

well. I have a 2001 and in the instructions it looks like you have to instal the EGT sensor as well as a fuel pump pressure sensor and my friend that has a 1999 cummins said it was a bitch to instal it...... thats what i was worried about and also how hard is it to instal the EGTsensor? he dint say much bout that.....
Not hard at all... took me about 20 min TOTAL... On mine (which I know it isn't exactly the same with the common rail injection) I had to unplug 5 plugs, and plug in 11 plugs (that is 5 plugs that get unplugged and have a small wiring harness put in between them... and one for diagnostics port), then ground, then power, and then the wiring to the monitor... this one got me... make sure you route it AWAY from the e-brake... it will eat it up bad if you don't (had to do some cutting and soldering to repair...).
That is all the hard stuff... the EGT is really easy, just get a decent drill, a new drill bit and a 1/8 NPT tap and it should be done in less then 5 min... The "hardest" part of the entire install is routing wiring... which is simple...
Worth every penny if you ask me, I have loved it, even after eating and repairing the wire...

I feel like my truck has plenty of power, so I only want the monitor, but it is not stand alone [:@]. Oh well, another 250 ft lbs will come in handy some where down the line .
There is always the 0 setting (stock)... not that I have put it in 0 since I got it... well once, to show the wife the difference

Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 AM
SpLaT
Captain

I use to have a 72 cheb blazer which I used for off road fun and mud boggin.. It haddual exhaust with side outs, I had covers which i could flip open with a pull of a cable system I hooked up. It allowed me to run basically open exhaust when 4wheelin. When I pulled up to a stop light and some yahoo with his music blarin pulled up next to me, I'd reach over to the cable open up the side outs and rev up ... LOUD!!! and hot!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
savage.basher

sereguial-

I know it has a "0" stock level, the only reason that I would have even considered only getting the attitude monitor is so that I could buy the package in stages so it would be more affordable. Of courseI want the juice box, but I just can't afford the complete package right now. I probably would be like you too..... monitor would never say level zero

--------------------------------------------------------

nickcoletti-

The commander monitor does intrest me a little, I read a little about it. I think it says it only measures 9 parameters, and I think the attitude can do like maye 20 or so?? Does the commander come with an exhaust probe to measure EGT's? Let me know when you get and let us all know what you think of it.
thanks man

Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM
02cummins
Captain

well i installed a edge juice with attitude in my 2002 ram, and i am happy i got it, all the gauges in one and its very nice to monitor your truck while having the option to juice it up when wanted, which by the way never leaves level 3. haha. im a diesel mech and it took me a litle while to install, not as simple as the box says, said easy 10 min install, haha yea right...but it wasnt hard just annoying, well worth the money i spent, but my truck doesnt smoke much either, even with it but it breathes well too so thAts why i think. 5" straight pipe to 5" stacks and bullydog filter...

Old 08-19-2007, 02:44 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

sereguial-

I know it has a "0" stock level, the only reason that I would have even considered only getting the attitude monitor is so that I could buy the package in stages so it would be more affordable. Of courseI want the juice box, but I just can't afford the complete package right now. I probably would be like you too..... monitor would never say level zero

--------------------------------------------------------

nickcoletti-

The commander monitor does intrest me a little, I read a little about it. I think it says it only measures 9 parameters, and I think the attitude can do like maye 20 or so?? Does the commander come with an exhaust probe to measure EGT's? Let me know when you get and let us all know what you think of it.
thanks man
i will for sure let you know how i like it when it comes in and i get it installed. from what i read i assumed it was the same as attitude but w/ more options but maybe i spent more time reading about the commander than the attitude....either way they both read the important ones including EGT's so im sure its up to wanting a smaller unit that only works w/ edge, or having a bigger box on the pillar mount but being able to work w/ any programer. it should be here within a few days so ill have a post in here again with some 411!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:30 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

well i got the commander in and installed and its SWEET! i like the fact that its bigger than the edge. i dident have the ***** to drill egt myself so i got it installed but a place for 85.00. well worth it and now if and when i get a chip i can just plug it in and i got gauges although i dont have anything to compare to i highly recommend it!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
sharx ram
Champion

You can never have enough power...hehehe well I cant anyway more, more, more

Old 08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
moparmike
Professional

I installed the edge with attitude on my 06. It took me about 2 hours but maybe because I'm ****. The hardest part was installing the EGT probe only because I hada cheap tap. I used the overhead mount just above the rear view mirror.I believe it is the best upgrade you can do for your truck. My truck is completely stock. If I turn it up, the module will defuel if something happens. Most of the time mine defuels when my EGT's reach 1300f or the boost hits 40psi. I pulled my 26ft trailer with my Superbee inside (about 9000lbs) in the tow mode (#2) and I'm able to spin the tires from a stop without powerbraking. I don't play with it much because the trans doesn't like it. I am also getting 21 mpg @75mph on trips empty in mileage mode (#1). Oh, one more thing. It gives you the option to control the level of smoke it puts out. I maxed out the smoke level in mode five. The kids love it when I smoke outpeople on motorcycles and people walking down the sidewalk.

Quick Reply: I want more smoke!!