Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extended Warranty

I never have bought an extended warranty on anything ever, untill I got my truck, when we bought my wifes 07 charger we bought the extended warranty on that as well. I don't think I will ever buy a warranty on anything else again... ever. The only reason we bought them this time on the cars was because I am freakin tired of workin' on cars and trucks, that iswhen I don't want to anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love workin on the truck, when I want to, at my own pace, in my own garage, but not when it is a million degrees outside and I am on the side of the road in good clothes trying to fix it cause I gotta have it to get me to work the next day, then it sucks.

I hate how it is so freakin hard to talk the damn salesman out of the extended warranties, that bugs me.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extended Warranty

Just a word of advice from someone who works at a dealer. NEVER EVER buy a extended warranty from anyone but a dealer. Not because the dealer makes money but because aftermarket companies are more trouble than they are worth. They can refuse to pay for a repair much easier than a dealer sold warranty. The service department makes no money when the finance department sells them. There is no such thing as a bumper to bumper warranty period. Dealersand ASE shops DO NOT HAVE to accept any warranty. Heck we don't even have to honor DC's warranty. We can refuse to work on your vehice even if you bought it from us. If you buy it and it makes it off the lot and dies just outside the gate, it is yours. I will probally catch flak for this but it is true. One last thing, I personally don't make a dime when you buy a car or truck from us. I make money when you bring it in for repair. I don't make as much on warranty work, but I still money. Unlike some dealers, we are not out to screw you just for a few dollars more. I need my reputaion intact. I know dealers get a bad rap and most of them deserve it, but rest assured, not all dealers are alike.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty