Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEW PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW PICS

Thanks again for the compliments, making me think I didn't just waste a bunch of money, ahahaha J/K

-----------------------------------------------------------
looking damn good. what size tires are those on your CTD? leveling kit?
Top Gun Customz 2" level www.topguncustomz.com
Pro Comp extreme all-terrain 305/65R17
Pro Comp Alloy 17X9 7089's

Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

Mr Savage.

When you look into getting exhaust for the charger, I would very highly recommed the Aero muffler. I just got back from having the 2525 installed on our durango. It is by far the best sounding muffler I've had experience with. I've had the super 40's, cherry bombs, and dynomax mufflers, none of them compare to the Aero. I left the factory resonator on there and I think it's perfect.

Anyways, that's just my .02 on the whole deal.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:28 PM
savage.basher

Mr Savage
No need for the formalities Chewy, SB will do just fine,hahaha . Does the areo muffler make it sound really open, loud,and gurgly?.... thatI what I'm shoting for.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

With the resonators off, I would bet good money that it would achieve the sound you are looking for.Right now it just sounds gurgly and open, I wouldn't say it's loud. Taking the resonator off is easy enough, so I left it on for now. If it were my daily driver, it would have been gone, but I wanted the see what the wife thinks before I take it off. I will see if I can get some sound clips tonight of it.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
savage.basher

NICE!! sounds like resonatorsON is kinda more like what I would be shooting for, cause I know the wife isn't gonna want it as loud as I do, hahaha. My truck is probably one of the louds beasts in town here, not to many diesels around here only chevy 350 guys who think they are the coolest thing allive.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Yesterday I was pulling out into the street (kinda old manish like I normally drive) and some guy in a toyota tundra was going like one million miles an hour in the slow lane and He moved over and passed me but then he came back into my lane right in front of my truck, kinda like cuting me off [sm=badidea.gif]!! So I layed on it, andcaught righ back up to the pile of crap and then moved over into the left lane and pulled up to the stop sign next to him. We both took off, before I started going I could hear him floor it (stupid gay engine wine coming off of his gay truck), so Istomped it andpassed him (of course), just then I was topping out 3rd gear my truck really let out a cloud of black all over that sad pile. My truck dosen't normally smoke, I guess it was just cleaning out the pipes? Anyway, at the next stop sign it was like a starring contest (course I was starring down at him, from my "real man's" truck). He finally pulled away, and I turned, but I thought for sure he was gonna get out and start something, oh well .

Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you havent stood on the trottle in a while soot will build up in the exhaust, then when you do punch her in the kidneys she'll clean out the system. I'll go a few days without goosing mine, then find the town ricer and lay into it. . .things realy darken up above 2700rpm

Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
savage.basher

Nice, that is what happened to me I guess, haha, that loser!

Quick Reply: NEW PICS