Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEW PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW PICS

I finally got around to taking a few pics of the truck and the new car, check em out in my gallery and let me know what you think.

What do ya'll think I should do first to the car. I'm thinkingexhaust, intake, chip, functional ram air hood... in that order...?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Nicky B
Captain
Default RE: NEW PICS

Nice charger and very nice truck as well. I would go with chip and intake first thats the way I went and it really woke my charger up. But watch out with exhasut's some because of the mds really have a bad droning sound when in 4cylinder mode.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
savage.basher

Thanks dude. I wish I could just make it stop going into 4 cyclinder mode... that would be sweet!

The wife wants exhaust, so that is why it is at the front of the list . Next she wants the ram air hood to make it look more like and srt-8. I don't know why I put intake up there, cause the ram air hood is gonna come with it's own system. So,I guess probably what will happen is... exhaust, ram air hood, then chip, but anything is cool with me .

Old 08-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn dude that sure is one SWEET lookin driveway you've got there !!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

I would definately do exhaust. A buddy I work with just put the flowmaster 40 series set up on his, has a very nice growl to it. I really didn't notice any performance gains and he said he didn't either, it just sounds nice. I had been doing some readingand found (based on other's opinions)that flowmaster isn't the best for flow, they just sound sweet. Because of that, I ordered an Aero muffler for our Hemi Durango. It gets here today and shouldhave it installed sometime this week.

Then for sure the ram air hood, those look bad a$$.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM
savage.basher

Thanks for the responses guys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn dude that sure is one SWEET lookin driveway you've got there !!
I hope my neighboors think so. You should see the dumpy shack house I'm living in right now (I'm in between new constructions right now, kinda remodeling one). I have building materials and scrap heaped up all in the yard, there is even a toilet sitting by the mailbox. My two cars are worth more than the whole house by far. No one else in the whole subdivision even has one car that is half as nice as either of mine, makes me kinda worry at night. Course maybe my neighboors all think that I'm a drug dealer and they won't even think about coming and messing with either of my cars, hahaha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then for sure the ram air hood, those look bad a$$.
They do look bad a$$...... emphasis on$$. It looks like the sweet ram air setup is about $1400 for the hood and intake setup unpainted, and a quote for painting it,from the reputable auto body place here where I live,was $1000 for the prep, prime, and paint for the hood and maybe up to about another $300 to blend the fenders. The painter said it was more because the carhas thecrystal pearl coat with the flake in it. So total could be about $2,700!!!! I should have just bought an srt-8, haha.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
trauts83
Rookie

looking damn good. what size tires are those on your CTD? leveling kit?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

second the SWEET DRIVEWAY!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 AM
moconst
Veteran

I have rim envy! gonna order mine soon