Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Good deed ..payback!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good deed ..payback!

steve05ram360,

Right side tie rod was $158.00cnd, I bought 2 one to give back to my new best friend and another to keep in "my" tool box! Left side tie rod no idea of cost as it was replaced by DC under warranty. I talked to my service manager at DC and was asked why I did the repair myself? Why I didn't call for road side assistance and get towed to a DC dealer? My reply was " firstly I had no cell coverage where I was, secondly the so called road side assistance only extends to a certain mileage from a service facility, and thirdly and most importantly it was an emergency!! Was I suppose to leave my truck onthe wrong side of the road and in the ditch!!?"(anyone who breaks down aorund these parts and leaves their vehicle usually comes back to aburned outpile of metalseems the natives in these parts have nothing else better to do!) Too bad DC wouldn't take a page out of Fords' book, seems if one has to replace a part under warranty on their own ford will replace/send parts no questions asked, while DC won't! Unless your a "qualified"DC technician!Even the dealers have to send, file and document with all the i(s) dotted and t(s) crossed before they will grant replacement parts, not to mention the failed part has to be sent back... especailly concerning injectors. If DC determines returned injectors are in working codition guess who pays for them? [:@]

Thanks for the info on the Thuren Fab stuff Steve05 will look into it.

I still love my Dodge despite my experience.. and you will never catch me alive in a low ridin pimp mobile GM or in a wiennie roaster Ford...

Quick Reply: Good deed ..payback!