Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

best chip for 06 ram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007 | 01:05 AM
srttrucker
Default best chip for 06 ram?

What do u guys see has the best performance and reliability? Edge, Superchips, Bully Dog, Diablo??I have heard the edge is the best all around bc of the safety features and ability to monitor the engine and temps through the screen. Also, I know superchips recently released the fire fly with the pod to monitor the truck. I was also curious if anyone has had tranny issues with the 48RE with one of these chips with an intak and exhaust as well. I know driving intesity plays a huge part,I am looking for feedback based on the truck not having the crap run out if it, or essentially trying to not push it to the limit.

Old 09-08-2007 | 11:16 AM
KillerCummins
Professional
Default RE: best chip for 06 ram?

I'm happy with my bullydog. Everyone who has a diesel and doesn't know a thing about it will tell you edge and banks are the best(I'm not saying they are better or worse than the rest) The most strongly recommended here is the Smarty. I think basically because its advertised not to be able to be traced by the dealer. They all have their pros and cons. I haven't had them all so I can not compare. Banks and Edge are said to be good, they're just expensive. Many of the setups have monitoring systems that will defuel for safety. For the record, if I had heard these guystalk about the Smarty, I would have the SmartyHope this helps. I dont mean to p*ss anyone off

Old 09-08-2007 | 11:41 AM
solarwarp
Veteran

If it means anything, my dealership installed the Edge EZ for me. (For a price of course.)

Old 09-08-2007 | 12:49 PM
triplggg

I would recommend the Smarty,only bad thing is the cost.I got mine used and saved about a hundred dollars.You could also wait for the Smarty Jr.It should be out soon.

Old 09-09-2007 | 12:19 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran

Smarty. Hands down.

Old 09-09-2007 | 07:30 PM
moconst
Veteran

EDGE IS BEST, LOL

Quick Reply: best chip for 06 ram?