Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Megacab Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007 | 08:35 PM
mnmega
Default RE: Megacab Advice Please

I can tell you coming from a 02 1500 quad (great truck) my kids hated the back seat, and let me know all the time. In December 06 I bought a
1500 Mega with the Hemi, ( another great truck) I put 27k on the truck in 6 months, I was getting killed by my fuel bills. In June I traded for an 06 2500 CTD Mega, the same color and most of the same options. I have improved my fuel economy by nearly 37%. If you drive alot, tow alot, go CTD. The Mega is sometimes difficult to park ( ramps, garages, etc...) You learn to adapt to those few times, but always find use for the extra space in the rear. I love my Mega, the CTD makes it that much better!

Old 09-09-2007 | 03:48 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Call me crazy but I'm finding myself wishing I had gotten a standard cab. I don't really need the space of a mega or my quad and I think the roof lines look weird. Standard cabs look great imo. But at this point I've got too much money invested in the current truck to make a switch so I'm figuring the only other option is to wait until the new body style comes out in '09 and get a 4x4 3500 standard cab or maybe wait a few years and pick up a used '07 5.9 4x4 6 spd 3500 SC which I need like I need another hole in my head oh well

Old 09-09-2007 | 11:31 AM
RockettDog

>Call me crazy but I'm finding myself wishing I had gotten a standard cab.<

Standard cab or quad cab? I couldn't deal with no backseats. But, the lines do look great with a standard.

Old 09-09-2007 | 12:06 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Not a deisal here but still a MC and I will tell you that the back seat sizes are great. Trips, taking friends to parties, shopping of any kind and you can keep everything up front with you. When you lay the back seats down, you do have a nice little bed if you do take a long trip. I really like the storage compartment that is located under the lip in the back that goes all along the back seat. I keep all my roadside stuff there, my batteries and charger for my drill and lights, bsaically anything that I don't want subjected to the heat of being in the bed with the cap. Like mentioned above the only thing that is a little on the bad side is the AC. Because the cab is so big, it does take a little longer to cool down, but when it does get cool, it is great. I live in South Florida and it gets hot down here. It will take my cab about 5-10 minutes to cool down and I have some pretty dark tints.

Quick Reply: Megacab Advice Please