Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Recon Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
tmillner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon Lights

Hey guys, I am not sure if this has already been put out there but I just ordered some light accesories for my truck and Just wanted to pass on a great deal I found for http://www.gosocom.com which is Recon Accessories.Coupon code FTE30. Just put this code in when you check out and it will knock off 30%. I save about $100 over all. Enjoy!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 PM
savage.basher
Default RE: Recon Lights

I would like to get a set of the smoked cab lights for my truck, But I was under the impresion that these are just lenses and the you needed to allready have cab lights for them to work?? In which case I would need to buy mopar cab lights and these lenses and mopar cab lights are like $90 by them selves! I would think that the drw fender lights are the same way (just lenses), what accessories did you buy?

Old 09-11-2007, 01:31 AM
jskepler_03
Rookie

Recon lights are more than just the lenses, they also include the light and pigtails coming off each light to wire everything up.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 AM
tmillner

I bought the smoked cab lights, tail light bar, and big rig running lights. I actually haven't received them yet but, since I already have the factory cab lightshopefully it shouldn't be to bad to swap out.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:18 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

I put the big rig lights on mine and I think they look sweet. I live in MN and it made it through the winter without loosing a single bulb. I was really impressed by that. Wiring them wasa snap too. Very well made product. Here's a pic of mine:

Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
savage.basher

So you are saying that if I bought the recon smoked cab lights, all I would need in addition to that is a template to drill the hole in my cab for each light, and maybe some wire and know-how since it probably dosen't come with any kind of wiring harness to hook it up to the truck?

Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

So you are saying that if I bought the recon smoked cab lights, all I would need in addition to that is a template to drill the hole in my cab for each light, and maybe some wire and know-how since it probably dosen't come with any kind of wiring harness to hook it up to the truck?
Yes it comes with everything you need & you really don't need the template if you measure well. I used the rain channels as a reference point and probably measured about 5 times. Use a crayonto mark the spots and set the lights on them so you can step back and look. It's a nuthin' install once you get past the fear of drilling holes in the roof (take the front half of the headliner down- let it hang, I saw no reason to take the whole thing down). The only other tool besides the basics (drill, screwdriver) you'd need is a cheapy little wire tester. There is a wire harness inside the passenger pillar and you just gotta find the one that's hot only when you turn on your parking lights. (I was surprised that my 1500 had it there, but it was. I thought that it might just be a 2500/3500 thing). Then just tap into it. Done.
Took me about two and a half hours, but a good hour was procrastinating and re-measuring to drill, as I was a bit chicken. Now that I've done it & am braver about the drilling, it'd probably take about an hour and a half, start to finish.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:20 PM
savage.basher

Nice!! thanks man. That is some good information to know. How hard was it to take down the headliner, and were you able to get it to go back up and not look like it had ever been taken down? Thanks dude.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You can't tell the headliner ever moved. You gotta take the plastic covers off the pillars and remove the sun visors. The headliner will then drop enough for you to run the wires to the passenger pillar. Oh yea, and I think there is a plastic cover over the temp console that you gotta remove for it to drop clean.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
savage.basher

Sweet, thanks dude!

Quick Reply: Recon Lights