Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

totally OT : just something to read :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default totally OT : just something to read :-)

I hope this doesn't offend anyone... it's not meant to. Sure has a lot of truth to it though ! I just got it in an email.

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am . While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor(MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet(MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE INGERMANY)filled it with GAS fromSaudi Arabiaand continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV(MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.. AMERICA .....

Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: totally OT : just something to read :-)

Right on target!!! Im gonna print that out and hang it in my stand

Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
savage.basher

Dang that is crazy, but true. But really, some of those things you can't do anything about, like a computer, I don't think any computers are made in the US, know what I mean, it sucks!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

ya thats about right. oh thought there is alot o stuff made here that aint much worth a crap lol lol [&:]

Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

That has me looking at tags and stuff now.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

That pretty much sums it up.....good find!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
handymanherb
Banned

My truck wasn't made in America, kind of pisses me off, but it been a good truck even if it was made in Mexico, but then that's I got it for 15 thousand brand new, the mexican keeps the price down , for Dodge anyway , just like they have them doing everything on new houses, are you paying cheaper prices for houses, NO just more profit for them, at least there making the trucks better than they are the houses, yes they pass code but the whole house could be leaning and meet code

Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

good find and if it does offend somone tuff **** they deserve to be offened

Old 09-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I was just talking to a guy the other day about how the economy is in the crapper over here, and yet things are flourishing in China. It really bothers me that investent companies are encouraging you to invest in overseas stocks because stocks here are dead. No $HIT !! Nothing is made here anymore so how could our stocks do well??

Buckle up gang. Unless we get our $hit together FAST we're headed for a real bad resession. Maybe even a depression.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Years ago I felt the same way some of you guys feel. I can recall a time many years ago when I lived in California and I wanted to buy a new bicycle. All the bikes I saw at a big sporting goods store were made in China. I was thinking, "I don't want my hard-earned dollars converted to yuan for some Chinese jerk-off to get rich."Try to find inexpensive clothing orelectronics thatare 'Made in the USA'. Forget about it!

I actually have a bachelor's degree in Applied Economics, which doesn't make me an economist but I have a decent understanding of economic principles. At one point in my life I decided to learn more about how our country's massive trade deficit affects our lives. I read several books byeconomists like Thomas Sowell. I have come to this conclusion: We are all much better off when we have access to lower priced goods, no matter where they are made. It is what keeps our economy strong and growing.

Think about this: Let's say you want to buy a new toilet brush. Do you scour the Internet looking for a high-quality model that costs $5,made in a union shop by guys making $18 an hour? Or do you go to Wall Mart or Target and buy one for 99 cents? Everybody demands low cost goods, and companies like Wall Mart do what they can to deliver what people want. Wall Mart demands low prices from their suppliers, who produce these goods in Red China and other places that are cheap.

When you and I spend less money on toilet brushes and the thousands of other products we buy during our lives, it frees up money for us to spend on other things. It provides money for business investment, housing, cars, whatever. It actually provides more jobs here in the USA, although they may be different jobs. Entire industries have left the USA because of cheap labor overseas; everyone knows that. However, our strong economy continues to expand and grow stronger. Just because you can't do the job that your dad and grandfather did doesn't mean that our economy sucks. You can't find a job making buggy whips here in the USA. Steel mills, furniture factories, iron mining, etc, have mostly fled to places where people are happy to be making $1/hr. In turn, that frees up a ton of capital for what America is really good at: innovation, developing new technologies, high-tech communications, aerospace, etc.

I have had more jobs than I can count since I was 15 years old. I have delivered newspapers, driven a school bus, worked at an auto parts store, bussed dishes, poured drinks, and even did some welding. I worked my *** off so I could get a college degree because I wanted to be an Air Force officer. After several years of active duty, I went to reserve status and have had a couple of civilianjobs since then. I've been in my current job for six months, and I'm making more money than I would have imagined ten years ago.

We truly live in the Land of Opportunity. There is no set amount of wealth that is hoarded by an elite class in this country, despite what some politicians want us to believe. Businesses, both big and small, create wealth by simply supplying what is demanded in the marketplace. That's right, they create wealth. If anybody out there can't find a good paying job they probably aren't trying very hard, or they aren't looking beyond their comfort zone, or they haven't bothered to make themselves more employable with trainingor education.

When I was a kid in Minnesota, one of our neighbors had grown up in an iron mining town in the northern part of the state. When they shut down the taconite mining operations in the 1970s, this guy moved to Minneapolis and became a barber while his brothers stayed ina run-down little town to **** and moan about welfare benefits. By 1990 the barber had opened his own barber shop, employs a few other guys, and makes a lot of money. He is creating wealth. I imagine his brothers are still complaining about the taconite mine being shut down.

I didn't mean to write such a long reply, but your post struck a nerve with me. I guess my main point is that nobody should feel bad about buying stuff at K-mart that is made in a foreign country. Use the savings from buying cheap goods to purchase stocksso you canshare in the profits these companies make.

Quick Reply: totally OT : just something to read :-)