Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Steel Toe/Safety Shoe

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
sabersix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steel Toe/Safety Shoe

ORIGINAL: RobertDunn

ORIGINAL: sabersix

Robert,

Just curious, but why are you attending OCS if you are already a 2LT?
no idea on this one I think they just flipflopped some terms. this will be phase 3 of the 3 phase new BOLC (Basic Officer Learning Course) that replaced OBC. (Phase 1 (BOLC I)=ROTC/West Point/OCS. Phase 2 (BOLC II)=Basic infantry skills school for all officers (minus Nurses) Phase 3 (BOLC III)=Branch Officer school)
Man, things have changed. Congrats on getting Commissioned.

So what branch requires steel toed boots? Ordinance? What was your Enlisted MOS?

Old 09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

Thank you

My enlisted MOS was 11B01, Straight leg light infantry. I enjoyed it but I think I will serve the Army better in another capacity. And yes, that capacity is Ordnance Corps. I have my reasons, and hopefully I can fulfill my goals.

Super Dave,
Any particular Bellevilles that have worked well? they have about 6 different models, and I'd like a decent set, but not sure on the options, don't want to order a really light weight one, or a middle of winter one when I don't intend to.

SaberSix, Check your PMs

Old 09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT order steel toe shoes online, unless you've already worn that model and size before. you cannot predict how they are going to fit. go try them on and feel how light/heavy they feel and make sure the cap doesn't scrunch you toes, or the heels ride up and down. bad fiiting steel toe shoes are killers.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

If you wanta shoe that meets the spec. You can go to Sears. I worked in a machine shop for 10 years and tried many different types of safety boots shoes even sneakers. The machininst's safety shoe at Sears has a thick rubber sole (die hard), a padded lip around the top, andthe steel toe, and it looks similar to an officers dress shoe too. It is also very easy to keep shined. Good luck in your future and thanks for serving our country.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:06 PM
donnie
Professional

The last job I had required safety toed boots.
Iv tried the ones from the shoe truck that used to come onto the yard to Sears to Walmart to Red Wing.
I found that for the price, Walmart boots lasted just as long as any other brand on the market.
The job intailed being in and out of water most of the day and even with waterproffing the boots, the longest they would last were six months.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

AF NCO says, " Go to supply, sir. "

Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I havent PM'd you back. . .been a bit buisy here.

I have two pair of Iron Age black safety boots, only issue I have with them is the arch support leaves alot to be desired, Dr. Schoals takes care of that problem. Other than thatthey are comfortable.

I would image you need to have tan safety boots. . .gimme a little bit and I'll see if I can dig something up. . .

BTW, if the boot meets OSHA standards they will meet Mil Spec.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:12 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

Army officer's don't get stuff like boots issued from supply

Drew, yeah thanks, you know what I'm looking for, so... yeah...

Old 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear that sir, I am issued new safety toe boots whenever mine wear out as it is a requirement for the position. Non-safety toe I am on my own for though. I just wear the safety toe ones they give me. That reminds me, I have been in these ones for a few years, I should go get a new pair.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

Yeah, the supply thing sucks. maybe once I get to a unit I'd be able to get issue ones, but I won't get any for school, or if I do, I'll have a backup set.

Quick Reply: Steel Toe/Safety Shoe