Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!

Hey guys, I have a weird vibration when underpower at about 70-90, when I coast from the same speed its smooth, just when I'm accellerating or criusing at those speeds. I thought maybe it could be the front drive shaft, because it made a similar noise before I put the transmission drop bracket for the lift. Anyways, I unbolted all of the bolts from the front shaft, and I got it free from the axle, but I cant get it to disconnect from the T-case. Im trying to take if off so I can see if the vibration goes away. Can one of you please please tell me the secret for getting if free. Thanks soo much. Oh , and I had to come back to the officein the jetta because the internet is down at my house, so I really hope one of you saves me quick. Thanks again

Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Please Help!!

When you change your oil do you lube the front shaft?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

Nope, cant get to the dang grease fitting because I have the trans drop plate installed and I just cant get the grease in there. I'm just trying to take the whole shaft off to see if that is infact the problem, and i'm hoping there is a trick that I forgot or dont know. thanks for the response though

Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

Please somebody help, I want to go home and if I dont figure out how to get it off , Imma have to just bolt it back up and let it vibrate. Please help. Thanks again Jimmy