Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

02 dodge diesel sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
diesel04
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 dodge diesel sport

hello, failry new to this site. have posted abut an 00 sport that fell thru. what i have found now is an 02 dodge diesel sport, leather, ext cab shorty, 4x4 with 114 km on it, turbo and fuel system has been done already and the dealer(deals mercedes, vettes and high-end cars) tells me its his buddies and hes never towed anything but golfclubs with it(has a cap on it) things mint. what else should i look for, it does NOT say SPORT on the hood, is this the case with the 02s as they have the acutaly sport emblems on the cab and not stickers....anything else. thanks alot. guy wants 25 CA everything in

Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 02 dodge diesel sport

if the fuel system has been redone that will take care of the largest problem those model years had. . .even though it wasnt produced that year, however some have been known in 02, check the block to see the casting number. . .if it has a 53 as the casting number as found on the side of the block near the front of the engine. these blocks have a rather thin water jacket on the exhaust side of the engine(5.5mm instead of 11mm) I doubt 02's have that block, but it is good to check it out just incase.

past that if the truck has been baby'd and your willing to drop the coin for her, go for it.

Quick Reply: 02 dodge diesel sport