Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FASS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASS

Finally, thanks to Mayfair, found a guy who is a dealer in Cali. Who is sending me the FASS for a very cheap price shipped to my door!...

Here are a few questions I have for you FASS owners:

1. Is the system really that "LOUD"?

2. How long does the install take?

3. How often should I change the filters?

4. Anything at all that you guys think I should know about it?

Thanks....any help is sweet!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: FASS

1. Is the system really that "LOUD"? - No, you can't hear it at all other than when you first turn the key you'll hear it go vrrrrr for about a second, just like you would with any electronic fuel pump. It's priming. Once you fire up the truck, you don't hear it at all

2. How long does the install take? - Well ... I'm probably not the guy to ask. When I have a project like this to do, I'm really not in a rush and I take my time because I enjoy doing this kinda stuff. I'll take my time and wire it all up nice, tuck everything away nicely, really plan the whole job out. For me doing it this way, it took a whole Saturday afternoon.

3. How often should I change the filters? - I'm not really sure, but I think every 10 or 20K is about right. I plan on just keeping an eye on the fuel pressure gauge. If it starts to drop off, I'll change the filters

4. Anything at all that you guys think I should know about it? - I'm not sure if i gave you these links or not, but just in case check these out

http://www.cumminsforum.com/cftruck/fass_install.php

http://ramchargercentral.com/index.p...owtoshow;id=91

I'd say the most difficult part of the whole job was getting the stock fuel line off of the top of the fuel tank. That alone probably took me a half hour by itself only because it's a two handed jod but you can only really get one up there. I wound up useing a zip tie to help me out. What you have to do is squeeze two tabs together while pulling on the fuel line. I used a zip tie and LIGHTLY zipped it up to hold the tabs in. Once the tabs were in, the line came right out. It's tricky, but it works. Ultimately if your truck is on a lift tis job would be a helluva lot easier. I used ramps and I backed the truck onto them to give me as much clearance as possible under there. I sat up between the driveshaft and the fuel tank to do the job.

The rest was easy as pie. I modified my stock fuel filter and ran the FASS lines through it. Works like a charm. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

man thanks alot! like i said, cant wait to get it on so i hold a steady 12 psi. because right onw with the stocker, its no good with the EDGE...

thats alot of help man..

thanks again..

Old 09-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Mayfair
Legend

You'll be fine. Just take your time and pay attention. Like I said the hardest part for me was removing the stock fuel line. After that it was cake.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:06 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

Thanks for the help and hints man..

Old 09-28-2007, 07:47 AM
blondeguy08
Professional

hum..........maybe i might take mine in to get the lift installed..... i have a 2wd...... i can barely drain the oil much less do what he was saying with the fuel tank........

Old 09-28-2007, 08:15 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i would...if we didnt have the shop...

Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I just used car ramps and I was fine. I backed the Ram onto them.

Here ya go ... you can see the ramps as well as the FASS poking down a bit

[IMG]local://upfiles/42139/A3D82941D51D4ADB9DF9E33DE829C773.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: FASS