Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Manual Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
rootercycles
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Manual Hubs

I'm sold!I am almost there in saving for the EMS kit. Did you guys buy the 30 or 35 spline kit? I know that Dynatrac only has the 35 spline and have been told this is overkill for everyday driving. What do you guys think?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Personally I'd pay the extra $200 for the 35 spline and not worry about what others might deem overkill. You might also want to compare prices on the 35 spline EMS versus Dynatrac. When I bought mine Dynatrac was the only kit on the market and I was just in time for a $100 price increase that bumped it up to $1,895! Competition is a good thing so maybe EMS has put some downward pressure on that price? Honestly I don't know... On comparison from what I gather EMS kits are mostly off the shelf parts whereas the Dynatrac, excluding the warn lockers, the parts were all designed and machined in house by Dynatrac. Which makes sense seeing as my kit had two special shims missing from it and when I called to ask them if I could get them from a local Napa or somewhere they looked it up and said nope the only people with that particular shim is us! so they overnighted them to me. Anyhow, you won't go wrong with either kit it just comes down to the matter of price. I do recall Dynatrac had a promotion where they were giving away a free kit but I dont know if it's still on or not. If you have a good story to tell about how a ruined factory unit bearing left you stranded somewhere or something like that email it to them and they pick a winner from the best story...

Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 AM
rootercycles
Professional

Dodger Bomber,

Could you place some good pictures of your hub conversion?

Quick Reply: Manual Hubs