Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Extremely expensive add-on suspension for 3500

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:11 PM
CUMMINZ
|
Rookie
Default Extremely expensive add-on suspension for 3500

You might love this. The 3500 chassis cab has a completely different set of rear springs than my 3500 DRW pickup. I have included a photo of chassis cab rear spring that shows NO bottom overload. My 3500 has top and bottom overload. This ingenius idea was on drawing board for quite a while. I came up with the idea to purchase 4 expensive solid plastic wood splitting wedges (4 bucks a piece) I slid the wedge into the spring set above the bottom overload. Before placing the wedges I drilled 2 holes completely thru the wedges for 4 heavy duty zip straps. They had to be HD because of the HD 3500. Now with load applied the 3 main springs will contact the overload sooner. I plan to tow the 5er tomorrow for a week long trip and will give it a test. This setup will not break your budget. If I don't like the ride pull out the nippers and cut 8 zip straps and pull them out. Ingenius right? Go ahead and call me an idiot It also gave me an inch of lift.

3500 Chassis cab rear springs

3500 DRW pickup

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:19 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: Extremely expensive add-on suspension for 3500

Nice job, let us know if there are any drawbacks. Also let us know where you got the wedges.

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:34 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Default RE: Extremely expensive add-on suspension for 3500

nice man..looks good!

Quick Reply: Extremely expensive add-on suspension for 3500