Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Help with upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007 | 07:40 PM
MauiRam
Default Help with upgrades

1. What other upgrades to my trans, besides a new TC an VB, would I need to run around 500-600hp? Is a new flexplate necessary?
2. I drive my cummins only a couple days a week and I don't use it for towing anything but I would like to be able to take it to the tracks once in a while so my question is would the ATS compound turbo be too much for around town driving? It says, on the ATS website, that the Aurora 4000 and 5000 are not recommended for moderate driving but it doesn't say anything about the compound. I know the 3000 would be ideal to handle the power but it's not for racing. I live on an island so I don't drive long distances either. Thanks for the help

Old 10-15-2007 | 12:25 AM
MauiRam
Default RE: Help with upgrades

bump

Old 10-15-2007 | 01:52 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Help with upgrades

You'll need to beef up the internals on the transmission to hold that much power. In other words, trans rebuild with bigger clutch packs. An upgraded flexplate is a good idea too. As far as those compound turbos, you can use it as a daily driver (seen it done) but you'll want to have the head fire ringed and head studs.

Quick Reply: Help with upgrades