Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

How many of you Rednecks "noodle" ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many of you Rednecks "noodle" ??

ORIGINAL: Bigriver
those were the days, young , in shape and not too bright !!
Not everything has changed

As for noodle'n I've got big ol' streaks of redneck in me - - but not that big

Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Ben D.
Champion

am I the only one that thinks it would be friggin awesome to wrestle a giant fish????? comee onnnnnnn

Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Bigriver

Hey Ben D., I went Mano-a-Mano at 160' to 200' depths below the rigs. What was your depth? Of course I had an oxygen suppy, with additional backup supply. I think my fish died of steel poisoning....................right thru the head !

Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran

HMMM, never tried "Noodleing", however I have tried "spooning"...Not good for catching catfish, but I guess you could catch something that way if you were not careful.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, good thread here mayfair! i myself was always wondering how nuts these people are.... have you ever seen the episode of this on DIRTY JOBS?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Twoforme2

HMMM, never tried "Noodleing", however I have tried "spooning"...Not good for catching catfish, but I guess you could catch something that way if you were not careful.
[sm=jawdrop.gif]
Well put.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

Hey Ben D., I went Mano-a-Mano at 160' to 200' depths below the rigs. What was your depth? Of course I had an oxygen suppy, with additional backup supply. I think my fish died of steel poisoning....................right thru the head !
spearfishing that has to be pretty fun to do. I've never tried it before but it's definately on my list of things to do before I croak. along with going bear hunting in archery and elk with a bow as well. but spearfishing that has to be a rush especially at those depths. my hat is off to you.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran

A guy I know asked me if I wanted to go hog hunting with him once, I said "sure", then told me where to meet him just about dark time...OK now my BS detectors are going off and I question him a bit about his hunting practices. I ask how the hell you see through the scope at night. To which he just laughs and informs me that he takes his dog and a knife, the dog tracks them. Then when the dog has the hogs attention, he gets arround the back of the hog, then jumps on its back while sticking the knife through the ribs.
NOW, I don't know how many of you have seen a wild hog before, but I really dont think it is an animal I wanna screw with, in the middle of the night, with a KNIFE for a weapon!
As you guessed, I kindly declined the offer and wished him luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

We hunt hogs at night down here in Texas. Not with a knife though. Shotgun, during full moon. No scope needed since they're usually about 20 feet away when you shoot them. Not too difficult to do really.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:08 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

As for this "noodling" thing, I'm pretty sure this "sport" came about as a result of that famous saying about rednecks....it all started one afternoon after consumption of copious quantities of Budweiser and someone saying "Hey ya'll, watch this"......

I'm sure it could have just ended right there when Bubba got the cat, but not to be out done, Jimmy Joe Bob stood up (on his third try) and said "Sheeeeeeeiiiit, that ain't nuthin'" and proceeded to noodle an even bigger cat, and well....it just hasn't stopped since...