Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

any Deer hunters here??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any Deer hunters here??

Big that is definately a nice buck. I live in pa and havn't hunted anywhere else. I would definately like to get away from pa though. pa hunters are ******** i'm just tired of it all. it's like high school girl drama around here when hunting season kicks in.

If it weren't for antler restrictions i'd probably shoot it. depending on how it acted when i saw it I may decide to put it out of it's misery. but if it was walking eating and interacting just fine then I'd definately let it walk. I can't count how many deer i've mercy killed because of other hunters who can't shoot worth a ****. I once shot a six point that was nice but I would have passed because it was limping and had blood all over it. Shot it and found that it had been hit twice by another archery hunter. once in the legs and once the guy sliced it across the face. it was pretty terrible. I didn't tag it right away and took it over to his house. it was him who shot it so I left him have it. me and him don't get along too well he tries to act liek a dick because he has top dollar equpement. he's got about 1500 in his bow i've got 500 yet he somehow missed twice at ten yards. I made a perfect shot at 45. told him to learn how to ****ing shoot and left.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Bigriver

Good for you Ben, I still feel the adrenilin pound when deer walk up on me, but I try to be mature about it and let them walk, hoping that big boy is shadowing the doe or small buck. I think that there are negitive, misrable meat hunters in every state. It's how we handle ourselves that make the difference.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Ben D.
Champion

It's so true I have some friends that i've known for years and they always come to me and my dad for hunting advice. They are in their 30's and each only has about three bucks and mebbe a few doe. my dad has more than I can cound and I have three in six years of hunting. They wonder why they can't hit deer when they never practice shooting and they never scout the woods they just put a stand up and sit.

i have been lucky enough not to hit and wound a deer yet but I know the day is coming. I wish it woudlnt' but if you hunt it's bound to happen. just a few days ago my dad took a shot at a nice buck and missed and we think slightly knicking the leg. this is the first I remember this happening to him and he's taking it very hard. He shot his bow at least 200 times yesterday totally mutulating our target trying to find out why he missed. I can only hope that after so many years it bugs me that much.

I agree meat hunters are everywhere but it just seems that certain people in our area are just ridiculous. Like noone around here is happy for each other. it's like everyone is pissed off that someone else got a buck and they didn't. I just don't get it. I'm happy for anyone who gets a deer just because that's how I am.

that adrenalin is nuts aint??? I remember the first buck I shot like it was yesterday. i've never been so amped in my life.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't done deer lately but here's my elk from 3 yrs ago
Name:  0569082-R1-043-20_edited.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  56.4 KB

Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Bigriver

Nice elk there GTX,............been wanting to try that someday but it's quite the distance from here in Louisiana. I saw lots of cow elk and a few bulls this past summer up in Yellowstone and was impressed. I bet just one of those dudes is enough to feed your family for a year or better !

Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

Im going turkey and peasan hunting next week-end whit a buddy of mine, i saw about 8 wild turkey and 4 peasant in a 20 minutes walk in this woodlast week-end ,never seen that much before

Old 10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

I've been out 7 or 8 times already this year. Haven't seen a shooter yet. I've seen some does and I've seen the same small eight point buck everytime I've gone out. I did kill a ten pointer last year with my compound at about 35 yards. It was my first with a bow. If I can figure out how to put pictures up I will. I have some off of my game camera and some of the deer I have killed.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:59 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I'm no skilled bow hunter, just the shotgun, but I do watch a lot of deer go by. My grandpa is the only one who deer hunts in the family so he would come down and we would go out together. My first one was with my old 410 that doesn't really have sights, just a BB on a screw at the muzzle and some hashes in the stock. It has been a few years since I've been able to go, hopefully we can do it at least one more time. I don't understand why some people take some of the shots they do. I'll only shoot if it is a good shot and I'll only shoot once and so far I've never had to track anything, some of the guys I went to high school with went through boxes of ammo, yes BOXES before they got their first part of a kill. I'd hear them talking about how they saw a deer on a ridgeline at 200 yards so they just unloaded at what they thought was the right angle (Somewhere between 20 and 45 degrees is what they said). It is no wonder why they only allow shotgun around my house. I'd much rather use a rifle, but hey, I don't want some guy taking pot shots over a hill with a rifle and getting someone a couple miles away.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Bigriver

Here's a new twist to this thread..........what model and caliber does everyone shoot out there. My bow is a Mathews SQ2 and my rifle is a Weatherby Accumark in .270 weatherby mag.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Ben D.
Champion

my bow isa Hoytusa Ultrasport and my rifle is a Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter II in a 30-.06 caliber. with a bushnell 3x9 scope. So glad I got the gun when I did because now they dont' make the model 70 anymore and it's a great gun. hard to find lefthanded guns anymore which I am a lefty. I think though the next gun I get is gonna be either a custom made by kimber, weatherby or someone else. mebbe just go to a gun shop and have one made from scratch I dunno. next bow I think it gonna be a hoyt vectrix or mathews drenalin I dunno. but I got other stuff to buy. I'm seriously looking at a puppy right now and akc german shepherd puppies are damn expensive.

Quick Reply: any Deer hunters here??