Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
tiger63
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats

Any of you fellows ever had the flashing light when you activate the seat heater? Winter is coming and I
just know my local "steeler" will gore my ox to service and make repairs. I have a 00 3500 SLT with the leather seats

Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Heated Seats

I have never used them. Phoenix Az does not get cold enough.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:54 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain

I have them and never saw the light flashing............what's the problem, they don't work?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
tiger63
Rookie

One side works (wife side) My side does not, the control you punch to start the "Butt Warmer" is what
flashes for my side. In owners book it says see dealer - stealer for service. Trying to prevent blood shed
at stealer's.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

Butt warmer? i love that!

i got the laramie package,prolly not included, can i fetch them from a wreck and install those on my seats or its a big assle?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEATED SEAT SYSTEM SELF-DIAGNOSIS
The heated seat system is capable of performing some self-diagnostics. The following table depicts the various monitored failures which will be reported to the vehicle operator or technician by flashing the individual heated seat switch Light Emitting Diode (LED) indicator lamps. Refer to the HEATED SEAT SYSTEM SELF-DIAGNOSIS table for failure identification. The drivers heated seat switch indicator lamps will flash if a failure occurs in the driver heated seat, and the passengers heated seat switch indicator lamps will flash for a passenger heated seat failure. If a monitored heated seat system failure occurs, the switch indicator lamps will flash at a pulse rate of about one-half second on, followed by about one-half second off for a duration of about one minute after the switch for the faulty heated seat is depressed in either the Low or High direction. This process will repeat every time the faulty heated seat switch is actuated until the problem has been corrected.

HEATED SEAT SYSTEM SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS
There are two lights on the switch.1 light indicates high heat, the other light indicates low heat. If you do the test and both lights are flashing then the heated seat element is shorted. If only the high heat light is flashing and the low heat light is off then the heated seat element is open. If the high heat light is off and the low heat light is flashing then the heated seat sensor value is out of range...

Two heated seat sensors are used per vehicle. One heated seat temperature sensor is used for each front seat cushion. The sensors are integral to the individual front seat cushion heating elements and cannot be removed once installed at the factory. Replacement seat heating elements with the sensors are available, without having to replace the entire seat cushion or trim cover.

Hope this helps and is not confusing..

Quick Reply: Heated Seats