Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT - Ever sold on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 PM
chukar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT - Ever sold on Ebay?

This is off topic, but curious since there seems to be quitea few folks here buying mods/parts on ebay; has anyone ever sold a vehicle there?

I ask because I have been casually trying to let my Dodge go, but don't live in a huge market and thought that may be a good fix for the isolation.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: OT - Ever sold on Ebay?

yes sell and buy, great place.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

I have never bought or sold a vehicle there, but many many many other things, selling and buying

Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never sold anything but have bought lots of stuff. Be careful and check the feedback of the "buyers"

Old 10-20-2007, 06:00 AM
sabersix

I've tried to sell a couple of vehicles on eBay, but found that I was not able to get as good a price as I did selling locally. The eBay auctions never got up to my reserve price. I have purchased three vehicles from eBay. I did not get to inspect them prior to purchase, but I did call the seller prior to bidding. Talking with the seller makes me more comfortable.

All where a good deal. Two had minor problems but still were cheaply fixed. Great bargains can be found, but be cautious and do you homework. I won't try to sell a vehicle on eBay again.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:00 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

I sold my 96 Mustang Cobra on there last year and got $2k more than what I paid for it. It definitely worked for me.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 AM
w4phj

I bought my T-Bucket on eBay andI've currently got a Bennington pontoon boat listed for sale there. Choose a seller with 100% positive feedback for your protection.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Twoforme2
Veteran

I have bought and sold quite a bit of stuff on e-bay over the years. I would also echo look for a very high approval rating. I mean if the guy has a high feedback number and has 99.7% approval I would say that is safe. Stuff happens and some people are just A/H's. I bought something once off of e-bay and bought it under the auspices that it was brand new.
Sent the money order out the same day as I won it (this was before paypal was such a huge thing), the guy got the money order two days later. but waited 3 weeks to send out my stuff, THEN when I got it, the item was not new, it was used...so I was kinda pissed and contacted the seller, who basically told me "tough, you bought it, you got it" So I gave him a negative feedback. That bastard then gave me a negative feedback and said I took forever to pay him and was difficult to deal with (or something to that effect).
In the end I won I contacted the people bidding on all his auctions (used to be able to do that, I don't think you can anymore)mand informed them about him, and contacted all the people that had bought from him, that is when I found out he had screwed other peope as well. In the end he was banned from e-bay, but I still had a negative feedback on my rating.
That has been my only issue with anything from e-bay, other than having a couple money orders lost in the mail system. Now almost everyone accepts paypal so that is not an issue.
BTW I have not bought or sold a car there, almost bought a Dodge ram on there before I bought a new one though, got outbid at the last second....probably better that way anyway.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:56 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i buy and sell all the time on ebay, i have purchased a snow mobile and a motor cycle on ebay and find it VERY conveinent for looking. i have sold the snow mobile, and just sold my bike as of 1 week ago and it went WAY faster than it would of localy! i have not bought or sold a vehicle on ebay but if i was in the market to i would def try! one thing to consider is the price they charge, its very high but for the coverage your add gets its almost priceless! my bike just costed me 75$ to list for 7 days, and it sold in 4 for exacly what i was asking. if you do sell make sure the deposit if low that you collect if they send thru paypal, they too always have to take a % cut!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

I have bought my CTD on ebay for 10'000$ whit some damage,here that truck would had costed me around 20'000$ since in a good state they were going for 28-30 last year,and my truck like it is now costed me 21'500$ whit the hyperpac whit EGT ,6 new 35' tires and my 10'000lbs winch

Quick Reply: OT - Ever sold on Ebay?