Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

front axel is leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
oneball75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front axel is leaking

Just put in a front right wheel bearing what apain in the but. After that was done and put back together drove my 2000ram 2500 it was leaking diff fluide out that side so went over to the dodge dealer and ask about it and other than putting a seal they said that you can pull the axel apart because their is an extension part that come off. So my question is does it screw off or what?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Batphreak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: front axel is leaking

Not really sure what "extension" portion you're talking about. What year and configuration is this truck? If you have an older one like mine you have a Center Axle Disconnect (CAD)front axle. The passenger side axle seal really isn't too tough to change and is a common problem when you pull the axle out and replace it, the older dry seal gets ripped and starts leaking. The seal can be replaced by taking the CAD vacuum motor out and removing all the same stuff you did to replace the bearing. Check here for parts and handy instructions: www.quad4x4.com

Quick Reply: front axel is leaking