Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

a huge thanks to " parts/service " @ O'neal Dodge in GA

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a huge thanks to " parts/service " @ O'neal Dodge in GA

as you guys can imagine, if I ever go into the dealer for something to be warrantied... eyebrows get raised ! They don't want to touch my truck. That's all good cause I don't want them to touch my truck anyway. But ! if there are any manufacturer defects... you bet I'm gonna be in there looking for warranty.

So anyway, my passenger side door window cracked out of the blue. My truck had sat in the driveway for 2 days untouched. I went out to wash it and found that window to be cracked ! ?? I got to searching some of the forums for others that had this happen and sure enough, there's a number of people that had windows crack for no reason. David said he's seen several and all were inferno red mega cabs ???

I called the dealer I bought my truck from and pretty much was blown off. He said in 25 yrs, he's never seen Chrysler replace glass. OK.... so, I called Chrysler. They said they'd do what they could to get it fixed at another dealer. They asked that I go to my local dealer for them to start a ticket on it which I did. They took pictures at the dealer to send to Chrysler for approval,

The next day I get a call from Chrysler stating they will not cover the window under warranty and the fact I have 15K on my truck puts the window out of warranty anyway. Needless to say, I was pretty [:@] How in the hell can you determine from pictures how a window was broken ???

So, I thought I'd put a call into David ( parts/service ) here at the forum who works at the Chrysler dealership ( O'neal Dodge ) in GA. I figured since I've already been turned down by Chrysler, the best I could do is to look for the best price I can on a window which is what I called David about.

Well, David went above and beyond and asked if he could try to get it covered under warranty. I was all for that so, I took some pics for him to submit to Chrysler along with my trucks info. He said within 10 minutes he had it approved ! This is what I call service !! All done over the phone and emails, David couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

O'neal Dodge seems to be one of those dealerships that hear what their customers have to say instead of figuring out how NOT to over a warranty. I wanted to say thanks to David and for anyone looking for a real dealer to work with.... O'neal Dodge in GA is it !!

In case you were wondering.... because of the way the track mounts to the underside of the window, when you roll it up it puts a lot of stress on the window. I don't think there's a limit switch on the windows which would help and if there is... it's not set right. When you go to shut the door, because of the window being so tight in it's track when rolled up.... it's prone to break.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: a huge thanks to " parts/service " @ O'neal Dodge in GA

Yeah, this Parts/Service character sure is turning out to be a rose in a thornbush isn't he? In this day and age it's extremely rare to find good people anymore and it seems that Dave is one of them. As a result, whatever I need from a dealer will come from Dave. PERIOD !!

Hey Dave, is it OK to pass your number along to others looking for parts?

On another note ... Hey Triton !!

I FINALLY found the mag with your Ram in it. I swear I think I went to at least 50 places to find it. Everywhere I went that sold magazines I would look for it. Diesel magazines are kinda rare in the city. I would up subscribing to Diesel World and Diesel Power as a result. (BTW Diesel World has a GREAT story on the Team Green Ram that runs 9 second runs consistantly ) Your truck looks AWESOME !! They id a really good job of representin you for sure. You oughta see if you can have them send you some of those pics from the magazine. They turned out really good.

PROPS brotha !!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is just cool. . . .I also think it has alot to say that he comes on here as well to answer questions. I dont know many that will do that.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

On another note ... Hey Triton !!

I FINALLY found the mag with your Ram in it. I swear I think I went to at least 50 places to find it. Everywhere I went that sold magazines I would look for it. Diesel magazines are kinda rare in the city. I would up subscribing to Diesel World and Diesel Power as a result. (BTW Diesel World has a GREAT story on the Team Green Ram that runs 9 second runs consistantly ) Your truck looks AWESOME !! They id a really good job of representin you for sure. You oughta see if you can have them send you some of those pics from the magazine. They turned out really good.

PROPS brotha !!
Thanks dude. Dang... sorry it was such a problem for you. You'd have been better off just subscribing online and you may have go the magazine before you found them at the store LOL !

Yeah, the green team is in just about every diesel magazine that comes out. They've been doing really well with that old truck they have. It's gonna be fun to watch next season because there's some mean machine in the works. I don't think they'll hold their title for long. A Banks in a Dmax just did a 8.6 second run. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9UhNswR-Khc

Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea this parts/service guy aka dave seems to be real helpful we all do appreciate it brother!!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Team green is AWESOME !!

Iremember the first time I saw this video. I was then and I still am now - stunned

They rock !!

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/v...6b018890cf.htm

Old 10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
UpBranchLiner

I had the same thing happen Triton. My window cracked while using a slim jim to open a locked door. The glass place I took it to said the windows are laminated glass(says right on the window)and will crack easy. I just put non laminated window on my passenger side incase I have to get it slim jimmed again.

ORIGINAL: triton

as you guys can imagine, if I ever go into the dealer for something to be warrantied... eyebrows get raised ! They don't want to touch my truck. That's all good cause I don't want them to touch my truck anyway. But ! if there are any manufacturer defects... you bet I'm gonna be in there looking for warranty.

So anyway, my passenger side door window cracked out of the blue. My truck had sat in the driveway for 2 days untouched. I went out to wash it and found that window to be cracked ! ?? I got to searching some of the forums for others that had this happen and sure enough, there's a number of people that had windows crack for no reason. David said he's seen several and all were inferno red mega cabs ???

I called the dealer I bought my truck from and pretty much was blown off. He said in 25 yrs, he's never seen Chrysler replace glass. OK.... so, I called Chrysler. They said they'd do what they could to get it fixed at another dealer. They asked that I go to my local dealer for them to start a ticket on it which I did. They took pictures at the dealer to send to Chrysler for approval,

The next day I get a call from Chrysler stating they will not cover the window under warranty and the fact I have 15K on my truck puts the window out of warranty anyway. Needless to say, I was pretty [:@] How in the hell can you determine from pictures how a window was broken ???

So, I thought I'd put a call into David ( parts/service ) here at the forum who works at the Chrysler dealership ( O'neal Dodge ) in GA. I figured since I've already been turned down by Chrysler, the best I could do is to look for the best price I can on a window which is what I called David about.

Well, David went above and beyond and asked if he could try to get it covered under warranty. I was all for that so, I took some pics for him to submit to Chrysler along with my trucks info. He said within 10 minutes he had it approved ! This is what I call service !! All done over the phone and emails, David couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

O'neal Dodge seems to be one of those dealerships that hear what their customers have to say instead of figuring out how NOT to over a warranty. I wanted to say thanks to David and for anyone looking for a real dealer to work with.... O'neal Dodge in GA is it !!

In case you were wondering.... because of the way the track mounts to the underside of the window, when you roll it up it puts a lot of stress on the window. I don't think there's a limit switch on the windows which would help and if there is... it's not set right. When you go to shut the door, because of the window being so tight in it's track when rolled up.... it's prone to break.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: UpBranchLiner

I had the same thing happen Triton. My window cracked while using a slim jim to open a locked door. The glass place I took it to said the windows are laminated glass(says right on the window)and will crack easy. I just put non laminated window on my passenger side incase I have to get it slim jimmed again.
I think I'd rather have a laminated window. I'd hate to be doing 60mph down the road and have glass fly in all over the place. The apparently D/C just resently changed from using a temper windows to laminate. It seems to me a laminated window wouldn't crack as easy either. They obviously do but, at least the window stayed together until I an get it fixed.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
mudderfan

well triton,

you have a very nice truck. i was wondering how much you had put into the truck?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Alot!!!!

Quick Reply: a huge thanks to " parts/service " @ O'neal Dodge in GA