Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Making my own cold front grill....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007 | 10:08 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: Making my own cold front grill....

How long do you let it warm up in the morning? I dont care what kind of engine it is the worst thing you can do is fire it up and take off. Always let your car idle for a couple of minutes before leaving and will warm it up and save you trouble in the long run.

Old 10-27-2007 | 10:40 AM
sallyman1
Captain

on our 3rd gen trucks couldnt we open the hood and zip tie cardboard to the back of the grill (zip tie threw honey comb grill)? or couldnt we open the hood and then attach (zip tie) cardboard to the front of the condensor/air to air/ rad etc...? you wouldnt be able to see it when hood is shut or is blocking too much air bad. Our winters see an average of -20 celcius here and as cold as -45 celcius.

Old 10-27-2007 | 01:52 PM
miknwv
|
Veteran

yeah, i only did the passenger side, covered it completely. any time i take my truck out i let it idle for a couple minutes before hitting the road. and, every time i park it, i wait about 20-30 seconds before shutting it off to cool the turbo.

Old 10-27-2007 | 08:14 PM
FroneDaddy
Captain

I think you guys are looking into this too much, all big truck and especially school buses use these and don't have any problems. There are companies that make these for our trucks too, I don't think you will have any problems. Most of the ones that you can buy or leather like and snap or zip up the middle, most people leave the top few buttons open to form a small open "V" to let a small amount of air in but still hold heat in.

Quick Reply: Making my own cold front grill....