Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Rice Oil Burner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 09:01 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-01-2007 | 10:15 AM
solarwarp
Veteran
Default RE: Rice Oil Burner

They have a Tundra plant right here in San Antonio... even thoughthe Tundra isAmerican made, I can pretty much guarantee thatToyota siphons off the first $5000 pertruck back to Japan.

Old 11-01-2007 | 11:36 AM
blondeguy08
Professional

who ever was talking about thier chevy 454 has obvsiouly never drove a cummins or a toyota.I have a 2000 chevy with a 454 and that thing is a POS.. and it only has 100,000 miles on it and has had the engine replaced 7,000 miles ago because it was a POS too.... I also have a toyota that was probaly the best work truck i had ever owned.... I put it through hell and back and it ran like the day i bought it.... 1996 toyota tundra 4 banger..... bought it with 80,000 miles now i have 130,000 miles and i garantee that those miles were not easy... Its been submerged several time and has rolled of a hill once... MANY dents... but runs like a charm..... Dodge is a a POS but cummins is the king!!! Cummins is the only thing that sells a dodge.....

Old 11-01-2007 | 07:17 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

well i would have to say this truck looks pretty damn SWEET! its got a look that ive never seen before and thats why i like it so much. i mean it would be 2nd place next to my baby any day but i would be wrong to knock a nice lookin pick up..... now how good of a truck it is and how many problems will that engine go thru i cant even imagine[:-]

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:30 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

When I see one with 200K miles pulling a 15k pound 5th wheel, then I might be impressed.

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:36 PM
NickBeek
|
Record Breaker

Well, I got my wife a brand new 2004 Sienna van all optioned out. I got it because my mom had a 80 something corrola that was bullet proof and a great car. This van is a over priced POS! Mileage sucks, road noise, things coming loose all the time, tranny shifts like crap, rear brakes have made a grinding noise form day one, it kills tires, the first set only lasted 12000 miles,and I am married to this thing for 2 more years. SE Toyota Finance SUCKS, and they willNEVER finance another car for me. Toyota will have a VERY tough time selling me a car to begin with. BTW, I don't like the looks or size of that truck, they still can't make a quad cab truck with a 8' bed!

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:37 PM
99cummins
Professional

american made, DEFINATELY NOT AMERICAN! Ihate japan crap! I say support america and buy american cars, don't give ur money to other countries

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:47 PM
Wish4vip

It is just a concept guys. Chances are they WON'T use that engine. Toyota's quality may have gone down from years past, but their quality is still sometime better than the big 3. Joel_MD is right, their small diesel rigs are bullit-proof! And their old smal trucks with the little 4 bangers were solid. Period.

And when tens of thousands of people are working in a Toyota plant, that money comes back into the US. It's foreign technology. So is your VCR and TV. And probably you're computer that you're sitting at right now.

We may be american, but all of our ancestors came from some other country. Face it, all American's are a mix of different pasts and foreign countries.

And while we all may love Dodge, Dodge doesn't love us. They love our money. Buy what makes you happy and keeps YOU wealthy!

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:53 PM
99cummins
Professional

yes it is true that almost all of our ancestors were from other countries, but that was the past, we all live here now, so we should at least try to buy stuff that benefits our country and not others

Old 11-01-2007 | 10:31 PM
Wish4vip

ORIGINAL: 99cummins

yes it is true that almost all of our ancestors were from other countries, but that was the past, we all live here now, so we should at least try to buy stuff that benefits our country and not others
So Toyota isn't supporting America by hiring Americans? I fail to see your logic.

And just to make it all clear, I'm not partial to any brand. I, in fact, own an 01 Tundra. My father, the Dodge. My mother, an Acura and a Porsche. My sister a Mazda, and my brother two Fords and a Chevy. A 99 ranger, a 94 F-350 7.3 IDI, and a 57 Chevy Flat bed.

We've got a bit of the globe covered when it comes to cars. So what is your beef with Toyota? I'm not picking a fight, I just don't understand why people are so against them? Every company started small and made their way up.

Very few things we buy benefit our country. Hell, lots of our food comes from other countries. And your kids toys. My jab truck has Mexican leaf springs!!

America's the great Melting pot remember?

Quick Reply: Rice Oil Burner