Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My removable front reciever

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
brutusjr357
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My removable front reciever

The front tube is just pinned on with two hitch pins so it does come off and there is just two short pcs. of reciever tube left where the stock hooks go I was going to make to pcs with shackles to pin in if I dont want the whole thing on. Also thinking of adding a pc of tube on top for lights like a bull bar or light bar. But not sure yet just playing with ideas right now. I will post pics with if off so you can see as soon as I get pics. I'm glad you guys like it and the more I can make the cheeper the price but we shall see what kind of price I can make them for and what years it will fit my truck is an 05 so Im not sure what years it will fit yet. If my shop wont let me mass produce them would you all be interested in a set of drawings to build off or something like that? They let us do hobby jobs for ourselves but when making more than one the dont like that. I could also just run them in the shop as a job if the price is good and go that way but would have to pay up front.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
brutusjr357

It is 28" to center on my truck with a 2" level kit and running 285/70/17 for tires

Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
brutusjr357

Here are some pics with it removed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25126/7F4BCD56F414465A9F699FB5857E9FB8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25126/BE9D5C2BA96C4B3FACD214C9125BC51A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

That is cool. You should definitely offer the shakles to pin in when the hitch is off. Be carefull about approaching the boss with your idea. When I worked in a machine shop it was under a contract that any ideas I had while employed there belonged to my employer. You might want to investigate starting your own shop to maufacture these. You could always start small and build it from there. Any way you go you should really market them as it is a great product that I am sure will sell!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 AM
savage.basher

Just my opinion...

[ul][*]I wouldn't care if the thing came off with pins, mine would always stay on, just being able to unbolt it off would be good enough. I would rather it be sturdier without any additional pins.[*]I love the shackles on there to replace te stock tow hooks, they are great.[*]I think the additional smaller bar to mount lights on would be a great idea too, but not necessary. If you are shipping them unpainted we could just modify them ourselves before we have them painted or line-x'd or whatever.[/ul]
Also, if the price was right, I would have no problem paying you up front . I am sure there are a few other guys that wouldn't mind either, that way you could run it through the shop as a "job" if need be.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
FroneDaddy
Captain

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

Also, if the price was right, I would have no problem paying you up front . I am sure there are a few other guys that wouldn't mind either, that way you could run it through the shop as a "job" if need be.
+1

Quick Reply: My removable front reciever