Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new speakers

Today I changed out my door speakers. It comes with 6x9's from the factory. I swapped them out with a set of Kicker 3-way's. The sound is awesome,, its freakin clear, bright, and loud . 4 screws, remove the door handle, pick up on the panel and it just comes right off. Took all of about 30 min to do.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
finny
All Star
Default RE: new speakers

i will have too do mine now too.....i am jealous

Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 AM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: usafr

Today I changed out my door speakers. It comes with 6x9's from the factory. I swapped them out with a set of Kicker 3-way's. The sound is awesome,, its freakin clear, bright, and loud . 4 screws, remove the door handle, pick up on the panel and it just comes right off. Took all of about 30 min to do.
Did you do both front and rear, or just the fronts?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pictures. . . .

Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM
usafr
All Star

I know I know,, I keep forgetting the pictures. I'll take some later on today when I get time. I changed the ones in the front, I have a good friend that manages an audio store and took his advice. They do sound awesome,,,,, After adding the two 12" s under the back seat, I had to do something up front to even out the sound. Next project is to change out the deck, not sure what that will be yet though, depends on what's on sale [8D].

Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I wanna see how your subs look.... i want to put some in mine eventually but will prolly be builden a box and putting some 10's under there...

Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: usafr

i was thinking about doing somthing like this...... did you leave the stock cd player/radio in and just run new speakers or did you do a whole set up? i was thinking about just putting new speakers in my doors and leaving everything else stock but i was affraid there wouldent be a big diffrence. whats the model number on those speakers... i might just take a look online[:-]

Quick Reply: new speakers