Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone using a mileage module ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM
al5608
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone using a mileage module ?

Well, the place I bought it from refunded me $85.00. So I kept it. Already installed it. Took about 15 min. went for a quick 30 mile trip on the freeway. Cruise set @ 60 mph. Now I was just going off the overhead just to see if it went up. I have not hand calculated anything yet as I have not put enough miles on it yet. Before the install, the overhead would read, on the freeway, with cruise set. 20 mpg. After I installed it, and got back from my 30 mile trip, the overhead was reading 22.5 mpg. I'm not getting excited yet. My overheadreads prettydamn closeto hand calculations. But I read somewhere else that the programmer could mess with the overhead. I don't know why though. I have been keeping a log book of fuel usage. So once I get some miles on the Quadzilla, and be able to hand calculate,and have some more accurate info. Oh ya, The website says it ad's 30 hp. If it does, I can't really feel anything. But the engine seems to run smoother.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts

ORIGINAL: al5608

Well, the place I bought it from refunded me $85.00. So I kept it. Already installed it. Took about 15 min. went for a quick 30 mile trip on the freeway. Cruise set @ 60 mph. Now I was just going off the overhead just to see if it went up. I have not hand calculated anything yet as I have not put enough miles on it yet. Before the install, the overhead would read, on the freeway, with cruise set. 20 mpg. After I installed it, and got back from my 30 mile trip, the overhead was reading 22.5 mpg. I'm not getting excited yet. My overheadreads prettydamn closeto hand calculations. But I read somewhere else that the programmer could mess with the overhead. I don't know why though. I have been keeping a log book of fuel usage. So once I get some miles on the Quadzilla, and be able to hand calculate,and have some more accurate info. Oh ya, The website says it ad's 30 hp. If it does, I can't really feel anything. But the engine seems to run smoother.
make sure you do a hand calculated comparison... the more add ons you have, the farther off the lie-o-meter is...

Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 PM
pngmotoman
Rookie

i have one and it works well for me but i cant give you real good numbers because i'm always starting it to warm up and also running in 4x4. but even with that i am staying in the same gas mileage before winter hit.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 AM
al5608
Professional

ORIGINAL:

ORIGINAL: al5608

make sure you do a hand calculated comparison... the more add ons you have, the farther off the lie-o-meter is...

Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM
al5608
Professional

I can't figure out how to do the quote thing.

Anyway, yes Steve, I will definitly be doing mileage calculation by hand, that is really the only way to know for sure.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 PM
beachmstr

al5608 - if you mileage went up 2.5 mpg thats over 10% gain. Thats pretty good. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a mileage module ?