Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need some help 6.7 dpf delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:32 PM
boxerdiesel
|
Rookie
Default Need some help 6.7 dpf delete

I want to remove the dpf on my truck. Have seen a couple on youtube and e-mailed the companies but they havent responded back. Anyone out there have one please let me know who to contact. thanks

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:37 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Default RE: Need some help 6.7 dpf delete

You can delete the DPF's all you want. But your gonna get CEL & it will put the truck into limp mode.

Multiple companies have said that they are working on different components to delete the DPF's but they still aint out and they don't work. Dodge has put out multiple times in multiple places that if you pull the DPF's you will void your warrently and you will pay for repairs and yada yada yada.

The 6.7 is plenty powerful as it is. It isn't worth it for the most part.

(and yes I've had a 6.7 in the driveway before)

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:47 PM
boxerdiesel
|
Rookie

Thanks for the info..Not worried about the warrentee cause thats out the window do to the edge. Just want to yank it to get some of the mpgs back.. On the highway it will get up to 19mpg untill it regens then drops to around 15.5mpg

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:26 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

When you figure it out let me know. I try not to worry about MPG as long as I have the power I need.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:36 PM
Stang_luvr
Rookie

boxer....depending on your stealership you may not be out of your warranty due to the edge....my brother has extensive mods....edge juice with attitude, gear vendor, BD manifold, 5" cat back exhaust, and his stealership still covers parts on warranty on his 5.9...and his was used commercially....my stealership said that they would have to look at what is wrong if I chip mine...but the service manager did say that he wouldn't say automatically that because I chipped it he wouldn't cover it under warranty....he said it's a gray area...

Old 11-08-2007 | 04:55 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

There is a lot of discussion about deleting the DPF/catat Cumminsforum.com. H & S Performancerecently came out with an entire kit that includes a stainless pipe, plus a 'black box' that tells the computer not to go into regeneration and keeps it from throwing codes. I think the kit is $250. H & S does not have a website but you can e-mail them at hsperformance@hotmail.com

Old 11-08-2007 | 02:37 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

could someone PM me or post the content of that post on cumminsforum that had the info on the DPF delete? i want to see all the information on it and take a look at it (if there are any pictures). would also like to know if anybody else has had experience with this company before i buy the kit.

Old 11-08-2007 | 07:07 PM
behindbars

Here's one post.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...pf-delete.html

Old 11-08-2007 | 07:16 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

thanks alot, im not a member on that forum and it would only let me look at like one page of posts or something, and i really wanted to read the info but didnt want to register...i think im gonna hold out for another month or so and see what new comes up and then possibly go with this kit.

Quick Reply: Need some help 6.7 dpf delete