Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

rock rails/sliders..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
solarwarp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rock rails/sliders..

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

thanks! are you from the del rio area? i had picked up from other threads that you might be around san antonio. right now i live in midland, but i work out in the oilfields outside of mentone, about another 80-90 miles west down I-20 and pretty much live out here 24/7 in a trailer[:'(]
Yeah, I live in San Antonio. But my stomping ground is Del Rio to San Antonio To Corpus to Laredo. My dad's retired in his 70's and some of his fishing and hunting buddies arein Kermit and Odessa. He's out that way visiting all the time.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
mytowrig
Captain

not much aroud kermit! i'm about 30 minutes away from there. but then again, not much in odessa or midland either! i grew up in colorado springs and then went to school at texas state in san marcos, a stones throw from austin, new braunfels, and san antonio. this job is torture for me!!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

not much aroud kermit! i'm about 30 minutes away from there. but then again, not much in odessa or midland either! i grew up in colorado springs and then went to school at texas state in san marcos, a stones throw from austin, new braunfels, and san antonio. this job is torture for me!!
But, if you aren't drinking all of your money you earn each day, you probably aren't doing too badly for yourself cash wise...

Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
mytowrig
Captain

ha, yes and no... no i dont drink it all away, in fact i only get to drink a few times a year! boy there are some nights when i could use a beer though! and yes, i am earning good money, but i have rent, bills, school loan repayments, and a nasty habit about buying stuff for my new rubicon, and now for my new truck! dont get me wrong, i still get to put some away for later, but my whole goal for having this job right now is to pay off school loans, and then havea paid off jeep, truck, and new motorcycle by the time i quit this job. that way, when o go back to school or get a jaob that i actually enjoy i wont have any other payments, and when i find someone to get married to i'll already have my toys so she cant tell me no!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

ha, yes and no... no i dont drink it all away, in fact i only get to drink a few times a year! boy there are some nights when i could use a beer though! and yes, i am earning good money, but i have rent, bills, school loan repayments, and a nasty habit about buying stuff for my new rubicon, and now for my new truck! dont get me wrong, i still get to put some away for later, but my whole goal for having this job right now is to pay off school loans, and then havea paid off jeep, truck, and new motorcycle by the time i quit this job. that way, when o go back to school or get a jaob that i actually enjoy i wont have any other payments, and when i find someone to get married to i'll already have my toys so she cant tell me no!
That's cool, enjoy your toys.

BTW,how fardo you have to go to find a rock big enough to hit?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
mytowrig
Captain

depends... there are a few pits out here where they dig up that can be pretty fun, but otherwise, i'd have to drive several hours. this is mainly for if i need it i have it type of deal, and i will need it eventually! i just want to have all my mods done while i can afford them. i also want to be able to use them as steps for when i get it lifted, and i feel step bars and regular nerf bars are too plain looking and a waste of money because they are too weak. a co-worker has (or had) bully step bars and the brackets broke just because the roads are bumpy!!

Quick Reply: rock rails/sliders..