Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Who all got a remote starter installed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 AM
sallyman1
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all got a remote starter installed?

Who here all got a remote starter installed? and what was the name brand? Does it work or did it not work? How long does your intake heater light stay on when its cold out before truck starts? how long does it wait till it starts after u hit button?

Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Default RE: Who all got a remote starter installed?

i got a viper system but i do not know the model #. i know its good up to 1000 feet and its got lock and unlock. i think it was a waste of money because my truck wont heat up untill driven! my starter waits 15 seconds untill it starts and i have never had a problem with it.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
sallyman1
Captain

ok. how cold does it get where u are? does it work when -5 celcius?

Old 11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

not sure about celcius but it sometimes gets near 0 degrees, but most of the winter is around 10-20 degrees @ night

Old 11-18-2007, 06:55 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

not sure about celcius but it sometimes gets near 0 degrees
Wow US schools at work....

(btw....Tc = (5/9)*(Tf-32); Tc = temperature in degrees Celsius, Tf = temperature in degrees)

Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Well arent you just the cats meow now...I feel so small now This is no indication of things to come after you win TOTM is it? But at least you werent the first girl to win or we'd never hear the end of it!!! Geeze

Old 11-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Beastdriver

Not sure the name of my remote starter, I got it from Canadian Tire. It has a 2000 foot range and it won't engage the starter until the 'wait to start' light goes out. It works best when truck is plugged in when the temp is below 32F. I haven't had any problems with it.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:25 PM
simonsj

I have one installed and it does not wait for the glow plug.............

Old 11-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Joedodge63
Rookie

I have a Crimestopper that only works decent in the summer! It works ok in the winterif your truck is warm and you are coming out of the store and want to start it up before you get there. I had to buy some kind of voltage sensor that zip tied to the alternator because the remote start would not sense the engine starting and running because for the first 10 seconds, the alternator doesn't put out any juice, so I am told. That worked, but every so often the starter would stay running after the truck started and that is hard on the fuel shut off solenoid. I had 2 different "professional" installers try the install. The second added that senser. Not impressed! I would go to Omega Research and use their products if it were not for the expense of an unistall and a new install. I don't now exactly how long the wait to start light stayes on before it remote starts, but....[8D]

Old 11-25-2007, 12:13 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

i dont know for sure witch model i got but good for 1500' and he wait till wait to start clear before starting the engine and even whit -35 celcius we go in whinter i didnt had any trouble whit it last year...
i plug the truck as soon temp is below 10 celcius and i got a feature on it too that start the truck every 2 hours for 10 minutes so it stay hot and when i start the truck whit the remote it run for 10 mins and its just perfect to melt the ice or snow on the windows and when i climb in my truck this is nice and coozy,and coolant themp is around 50 celcius,ive got gauge for oil temp but i didnt hooked them up already so i dont know how hot the oil is at that point but it wont be long cuz i will had a oil filtration system and get the temp of that oil from the engine

Quick Reply: Who all got a remote starter installed?