Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

She's All Naked now!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
rootercycles
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: She's All Naked now!!!!!!

I'm not sure why I have seen so many posts with guys (and gals) removing the badges. What is this? I guess I am a little old (39) to appreciate this. I am very proud of the badges I have on my 2006 CTD!

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Thanks. Now for some finishing touches.
I have the 2" leveling kit and tried to install it yesterday. Note I said TRIED? Well I discovered that I don't have a socket or breaker bar to take the wheels off (real nice if I have a flat huh?). And that made me realise that I don't have a spare either. Need to get a 35" tire for the spare now.
Then I didn't have an extention long enough to get to the 3 nuts on the Shock Tower, this was where I found out what 24 volts feels like when you ground your arm to the battery post.....ouch! Finally got them loose and then we couldn't get the nut off the shock, the shock was turning and I hadno channle locks big enough to grab it to keep it from spinning.
This was when I stood back from the truck and thought about it for a minute. I suddenly realized that I am not a mechanic and don't even have proper tools for the job.
So I put it back together and it goes to the shop this week to have a "Pro" install it.
And I am seriously thinking about getting a 4 1/2" lift instead of the leveling kit. I have seen a few of you guys trucks with it and I like it. Not too much and not too little. So I'll be pricing a lift kit this week.

And to be honest, I think my truck is missing something. I don't know if it's because there is so much "black" everywhere or what. But it just looks like it needs something I just can't put my finger on it.

Any sugjestions out there?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: rootercycles

I'm not sure why I have seen so many posts with guys (and gals) removing the badges. What is this? I guess I am a little old (39) to appreciate this. I am very proud of the badges I have on my 2006 CTD!
To be honest, the only reason why I went ahead and did it is because of the fender flares. I had to remove the Cummins emblem to install the fenders. So I just went ahead and removed all of them. I never liked the "Heavy Duty" badge in the first place and it was crooked as hell from the factory.
And by the way, I'm 41so I feel ya on the age thing. Your never too young to try new things right?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM
handymanherb
Banned

There trying to be politically correct and don't want to hurt the feeling of those with 1500's

Old 11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

Yeah, looks good. I like the subdued look.But how do the Yahoos tell that it's not a 1500?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

I pulled mine for a couple reasons....I hate washing around; them the number of times I've jamed my hand on them is crazy....Plus I like the clean look...nothing to break up the nice long lines of the truck.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:46 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: solarwarp

Yeah, looks good. I like the subdued look.But how do the Yahoos tell that it's not a 1500?
If they don't know, they shouldn't be looking in the first place[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
savage.basher

What kind of bumper is that.... sorry if you have allready said it.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

What kind of bumper is that.... sorry if you have allready said it.
It's a made by or sold by "Trail Boss" and the model name is the "Sendera Runner" . I might not have spelled that right, I'll look for the reciept later and double check.
I like it because it's different from all the other "Bull" bumpers I have seen. Those bars actually slant forward away from the grill and stick out a few inches in front of the bumper, not like most of the others I have seen that just stick straight up vertical. This one looks more like a "Baja style" but much cheaper.
The cheapest I found one was $750 installed with no tax.
I'll get a better picture of it if your interested. A direct side view really shows the style of it better.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Thanks. Now for some finishing touches.
I have the 2" leveling kit and tried to install it yesterday. Note I said TRIED? Well I discovered that I don't have a socket or breaker bar to take the wheels off (real nice if I have a flat huh?). And that made me realise that I don't have a spare either. Need to get a 35" tire for the spare now.
Then I didn't have an extention long enough to get to the 3 nuts on the Shock Tower, this was where I found out what 24 volts feels like when you ground your arm to the battery post.....ouch! Finally got them loose and then we couldn't get the nut off the shock, the shock was turning and I hadno channle locks big enough to grab it to keep it from spinning.
This was when I stood back from the truck and thought about it for a minute. I suddenly realized that I am not a mechanic and don't even have proper tools for the job.
So I put it back together and it goes to the shop this week to have a "Pro" install it.
And I am seriously thinking about getting a 4 1/2" lift instead of the leveling kit. I have seen a few of you guys trucks with it and I like it. Not too much and not too little. So I'll be pricing a lift kit this week.

And to be honest, I think my truck is missing something. I don't know if it's because there is so much "black" everywhere or what. But it just looks like it needs something I just can't put my finger on it.

Any sugjestions out there?
I'm looking at getting a 4.5" lift to but I also like the 2"leveling kit...this is the site I'm looking at... http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS23006.html
they got both kits...got 3" lift coils for the old 1500 from there good to do buisness with, fast 2

As for what your missin... The same set of Black Chrome Stax that I want for my black 2500

Quick Reply: She's All Naked now!!!!!!