Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

design program?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 AM
mytowrig
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default design program?

hey guys, does anybody have, or know of, a simple, easy to use 3-d design program? what i am looking for is a way to have a 3-d image of my truck that i can manipulate, as in spin it around 360 and look at it from top-side and under the belly etc. i have some ideas forrock rails/slidersand bumpers that i want to 'put to paper' so to speak so i can take it to a fabricator to see if my ideas will work. right now my only option is photoshop, but that is singular dimensional and there is no way for me to get the geometry near where i would want it.. therefore i don;t really see that working. BUT, if that is the route i have to take, does anybody have an arial view of an '07 quad cab 2500? if you need further clarification of what i am looking for i'll try to explain better, but i think you guys get the gist...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Default RE: design program?

When you say "Arial View" Do you mean like flying over the truck view or the laying on the ground while the truck flies over you view???

Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
mytowrig
Captain

haha, i know you are jokin', but both. anybody??

Old 11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
savage.basher

I think that it will be hard to find a simple program to do what you are looking for. I use AutoCAD all day long and havesome otherAutodesk software too. I have drawn bumpers and roll cages and stuff before. Getting your truck drawn in the program, even very very primitive, I think will be the problem. Drawing the parts may be easy, but putting them on a pic of your truck, you may be better off with using photoshop or something (so you can start with an actuall pic of your truck). IDK

Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM
mytowrig
Captain

savage. what do you do that you use autocad for?

Quick Reply: design program?