Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Sears takes care of our military !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sears takes care of our military !!

I recieved this in an email and I decided to share it here because so many of you are in the military. I checked this out with a guy I work with who's father works at Sears and he said that the story checks out. PROPS to Sears !![/align][/align]Here ya go ...[/align][/align]
[hr]
[/align][/align]*How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty?[/align]By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but[/align]nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a[/align]result of being called up. *[/align]
[/align]*Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining[/align]all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all[/align]called up reservist employees for up to two years. *[/align]
[/align]*I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be[/align]recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be[/align]sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets[/align]the positive reinforcement it well deserves. *[/align]
[/align]*Pass it on.*[/align]
[/align][/align][/align]
[hr]
[/align]

[blockquote]

[/align][blockquote]
[blockquote]
[blockquote]
Sears is not the only one doing this. If you go to the Snopes web site,[/align]below, you will be able to access another site that lists by States[/align]other businesses and municipalities that provide the same benefits.[/align][/align]Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't[/align]withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at[/align]Sears this year? *[/align][/blockquote][/blockquote]
[blockquote]
[blockquote]
*Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following[/align]e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department: *[/align]
[/align]*I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it[/align]is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of[/align]advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy[/align]products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if[/align]it's cheaper at that store. *[/align]
[/align]
[/align]*This is their answer to my e-mail:*[/align][/blockquote]
[blockquote]
[hr]

[/align]*Dear Customer *[/align]
[/align]*Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We[/align]appreciate your positive feedback.*[/align]
[/align]*/Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our[/align]young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the[/align]burden they bear at this time. *[/align]
[/align]*Bill Thorn*[/align]*Sears Customer Care*[/align]*webcenter@sears.com <mailto:webcenter@sears.com*[/align]*1-800-349-4358*[/align][/align]
[hr]
[/align]
[/align]*Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized[/align]for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans,[/align]we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!! *[/align]
[/align]*It's Verified ! By Snopes.com <http://snopes.com/>* ***at:*[/align]*http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp **(shows the entire[/align]article)*[/align][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][/align][/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sears takes care of our military !!

Good info..... Glad to see....

Old 12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Not to bash sears... but no wonder thier stuff so expensive... .they need my money to give to others... [sm=lol.gif]

Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

a lot of companies do very similar things.

When I started one job when I was still reserve the 2nd question I asked what how they dealt w/ call-ups....same basic story...keep beni's...pay diff in pay...keep earning vacation time....

Now you guys want the funny part.....seeing as how this company gets bashed all the time and in fact there was thread not to long ago where someone mentioned burning down all their stores....Starbucks. Go figure...when they can do something most big businesses will.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Isn't Starbucks anti war and therefore NOT taking care of our military?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Was'nt that why someone wanted to burn them down? anti-war office jockeys....

Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

I know that with UPS if you leave the company to work with your military stuff they treat you as if you never left still give you time based raises and everything...

Old 12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

I was working for Northrop Grumman when the USAF mobilized me in 2006. NG has a similar program to Sears, paying the difference between the NG salary and military basic pay for up to a year at a time. After adding in all the allowances and combat pay, I actually made more money while I was on active duty. They allowed me to continue the medical and other benefits for my wife at the same cost.

Now I work for a small 'Beltway bandit' company that doesn't have the same benefits for reservists, but my salary is considerably higher so I can't complain.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Isn't Starbucks anti war and therefore NOT taking care of our military?
The story about Starbucks not supporting (or even insulting) the Marines in Iraq is a total myth. It has been going around the Internet as a chain letter for years. It was debunked by Snopes a while ago.http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
roadking096
Professional

Bought a $600 snow blower there two weeks ago. Shop there whenever treir product is of the quality I need. Worked there as a tech and liked how I was treated.

Quick Reply: Sears takes care of our military !!