Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What computer chip is best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 AM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What computer chip is best?

i already have boost, pyro, and trans temp gauges on the truck. i was wondering what the difference between the edge comp box and the edge attitude with juice? Will the smarty give more power than the edge?

Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the smarty does not have the abilities to change power on the fly like the edge box. . .

as far as power increase. . .I'm not sure about the 2nd gens.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: justviper1

i already have boost, pyro, and trans temp gauges on the truck. i was wondering what the difference between the edge comp box and the edge attitude with juice? Will the smarty give more power than the edge?
I can tell you that it makes my tranny slip on the 90hp setting with the Smarty SR.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 PM
BLACK CLOUD
Professional

Go with the edge juce/attitude +120HP & 350TQ I love mine there is also a new one from quadzilla called the addrenilin or something like that that is suposed to put down 180 HP & 420TQ If you like the edge I can get you a great deal.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
BLACK CLOUD
Professional

Hear is some info on the new one from quadzilla http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=16459

Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: justviper1

Will the smarty give more power than the edge?
Yes, it will. Ask, "NCcummins" here at the forum. He just got a smarty to replace his edge. The smarty will remove all torque management
on your truck, you can adjust the speed limiter and ABS for tire size. and has cold weather high idle. It's not adjustable on the fly but, once you find a setting you like, you can just leave it. If you're interested in a smarty, there's deal thru Xmas on them. Pm me for details.

All trucks react differently. What I've found is, the only to really see which box fits you best is to buy one at a time... if you don't like it, sell it and try another. I've been through 4 and still have a smarty.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 AM
justviper1
Veteran

what kind of a deal can anyone get me on an edge with attitude and juice? the cheapest i have seen is $719 right now the quadzilla adrenaline seems to be pretty cheap and put out more power. $674.10 with free shipping. it also canbe updated for free! sounds like a good deal to me. what do you guys think?

Old 12-08-2007, 01:35 AM
justviper1
Veteran

im looking to get the most power for my money. even at 396 hp them 37s take a lot to get them turnin! plus i got a lot of guys in my area that have duramaxs and powerchokes and they all say that i won't be able to keep up with them or out pull them!

Quick Reply: What computer chip is best?