Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:44 AM
white fury
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

ORIGINAL: white fury

how soon are you guys putting the programmers on the trucks. I have just under 5k on it now in two weeks. How soon is too soon?
you got the itch!!
OH yeah!! The exhasut is next, although I hear that it isn't that big of a deal with the the new DPF system. The programmer will be after christmas. I was thinking of the Smarty Jr. I should have about 10k on her by then. I do oilfield hauling and hotshots and the miles really rack up quickly. With the aftermarket upgrades I hope my MPG will also improve, although I don't feel that they are that bad getting about 16-17 now. Pretty good when compared to the 12 and 9.5 horror stories I been reading about.

What's with the removal of the silencer ring ......... and how do I do it. I think these CTD have a great voice and should be heard singing

Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

its under the faq or something... i know its stickied.... its real easy to do i did it on my buddies 02... i dont know if its the same on a 6.7 but i would imagine so....

Old 12-11-2007, 09:09 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

im not sure that the newer model trucks even have a silencer ring? i believe they dont...but mine came right out in my 02!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: white fury

What's with the removal of the silencer ring ......... and how do I do it.
Here ya go ...

https://dodgeforum.com/m_591700/tm.htm

Free mods are the BEST !!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 PM
white fury
Rookie

I found that under the FAQ's but the pictures don't show up just a box with an "X" in it.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Oh CRAP your right !!!

Yokel must have dumped them and we haven't seen him here in quite some time ( hope he's OK ... )

Go to page 2 - my pics are still up there

Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
2008cummings
Professional

in the last edition of tdr they did tests on filters and intake kits and found no difference in HP or TQ. I was thinking about installing but there was no difference. I think it is more sound then actual performance. I hate to say it..

Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Mine was pulled when I bought the truck, you can hear the turbo alot more than the stock 5.9 w/o the ring and my K&N intake...

I got the smarty Jr. love it so far, it took a 7.3 PS on a 175hp setting Diablo when I had it on 70hp

I'll be leavin for a nice long highway trip on saturday I'm gonna run one tank stock and one at 40hp to check mpg may try the 70 on the way back from there...I'll make a post on it for ya...

BTW I got the smarty w/almost 16k on the clock but I bought it with 15k...so lol go figure I got it qwik you should be fine if you get it when you got the cash bein that basic warranty is gonna be gone in no time the way your pullin miles...

Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
beachmstr

I like my S&B Stage 2. I'll try to get a few pics up for you. I put my programmer on at 20K but think that I could have done it earlier no problem.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: beachmstr

I like my S&B Stage 2. I'll try to get a few pics up for you. I put my programmer on at 20K but think that I could have done it earlier no problem.
that would be cool if you can! for some reason the price and reading that ive done just seems right.... im glad to hear from someone thats got one even if after market air filters have been proven to not increase anything!

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake