Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Pay up sucker **update**

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
behindbars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay up sucker **update**

Bear with me for a story. I'll try to make it short.

Back in April my truck got scuffed in a car wash. It broke a piece off the plastic on my mirror. I know I should have washed it by hand. I've done so ever since. Anyway I fought and fought with the stupid car wash and they wouldn't pay. I did a Better Business Bureau complaint and reported them to the state Attorney General. No luck. So we went to small claims court. I won. Got a decision for $390 plus court costs and interest. Now the suckers still won't pay. The court said I have to hire an attorney. They can impose a lein on the property but I won't get my money unless they sell the business. Plus the lawyer is gonna get all my money. It wasn't a big deal but the owner was such an a$$hole that know it's just the principle of it all.

I know all you crafty guys will have some interesting tactics for me to take. Right now I'm thinking of going out there on the next nice day with a big sign and picketing the place.

[IMG]local://upfiles/75003/FE93C5F8CF4D409696F9A042C8860927.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2007, 02:03 PM
rootercycles
Professional
Default RE: Pay up sucker

I had the same type of thing happen at a dry cleaner who lost all of my mine and my wifes stuff. They too wouldn't pay for damages. We took them to court and won a settlement of $900. They never paid. We were told the same thing. Good luck getting your money. You might just have to lick your wounds and move on...

Old 12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

you can file for the lein yourself.

talk to your insurance rep ( yea, for your auro) if they are local. dont call the mass 800 #.

insurance people , contractors, and others no where and how to file leins with out a solicitor (attorney).

here, its $100 to file. then its done.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been through this before and I didn't have to hire a laywer. Just went to the courthouse and filled some paper work. Was told that I could place a lein on his house and vehicles. Was also able to garnish his wages.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
2008cummings
Professional

I can't believe this for 390 buck he won't just pay. I would file the lien and sit out there with a sign...

Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
behindbars

He even hired an a lawyer to represent them in small claims court. That wasn't cheap I'm sure.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are bored and want to get under his skinI would do the sign thing, justdo not impede anyone trying to enter, that would be against the law. I would also advise some kind of video/audio so if he confronts you while you are NOT breaking the law you have it on tape.

I am guessing this is more of a principle thing, if so you can also take out a nice big ad in the paper, put flyers on poles,setup an Internet site, ect. explaining the damage the court decision and the owners response. Only state facts and no opinions of him.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I have a bad habit of getting EVEN. I would go back to the car wash and as I am waiting for my truck to come out, I would find the most expencive thing I can find and ACCIDENTALLY Break it. Then go to the manager and tell him how his floor was wet and I slipped and broke it. Then Smile real big and leave !!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I think I'd go to the car wash first thing in the morning and watch the guy pull up. Just after he walks into the building, I'd RAM his car with mine and immediately leave.

Two months later after he has it all nice and shiny again, I'd RAM it again.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

Aren't you from up north somewhere? Don't you guys have any "family" up there that could pay this gentleman a visit?

Quick Reply: Pay up sucker **update**