Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hydorbooster problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
ykdodger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydorbooster problems

Ok so yesterday I had my truck to the stealership for some warranty work "some leaky seals", so for starters they had the truck for 3/4's of the day and they only looked at it they have to order the seals. They checked all my drive line and found the output seal on the transfer case wet, valve cover seal leaking, oil under turbo to intercoolerpiping "came from customer changing there own oil"thay said[:@]But to top it all off they also put in the work order that they noticed Hydroboost leaking and should be replaced. Now my delima, Are they telling me the truth and trying to save my lifeor are they making this up becauce I'm getting costly warranty work done. The reason it's a delima is I have never had to add any brake, power steering, transmission fluid, etc to my truck and all of a sudden my hydrobooster is leaking .WTF.[>:] They even want too charge me with new parts that I figure can be reused like the nuts $13.05 x 2 ,the bracket $29.52, the master cylinder $401.38 thats an extra $500 skins for what shiny parts when mine are still good. Me and my step dad are gonna check it out tonight for ourselves and see. I'll let u guys know what I find out....[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hydorbooster problems

something doesnt seem right. . .unless you use the turbo oil return line to change your oil. . . .

Old 12-14-2007, 03:52 PM
ykdodger

Yea Drew I'm not sure what thwe mechanic was talkin or thinkin about I haven't had a chance to look yet, will get a chance tonight and let everone know. But as for the hydrobooster if it was leaking wouldn't I be adding fluid, were as now I'm not having to add any??

Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please get a second opinion.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:42 PM
ykdodger

Well guys like I said, I took the time and checked it out myself... What I found I woulden't even call a leak, it looks like someone wasted some brake fluid over it, and then wiped it off!!! U know how uget that dark stain, thats how it looked. So I grabbed a few wrenches and tryed to tighten the lines, they moved a little, not enough to have been leaking from them tho. I then cleaned off with break cleans and dryed with compressed air. Now i'll wait a few days and check again.

Quick Reply: Hydorbooster problems